13lb 4oz Bass - 13 pounds 4 ounces.jpeg

Old October 5th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Bob La Londe

Default 13lb 4oz Bass - 13 pounds 4 ounces.jpeg

wrote in message

Before somebody else says it. The etiquette is to post the picture to
alt.binaries.pictures.fishing and then mention it in reference over here.
Many news servers strip off attachments to posts and others simply do not
propagate the post at all. So, many people will not have seen your post at
all and even if they saw it they will not see the picture. Also there are
still people on dialup connections who may want to choose whether or not
they download large picture files.

Other than that. Nice fish. With all that blood I hope it survives. Did
you gut hook him or catch him down in the gills?

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old October 6th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Bassman

Nice Hawg!
To bad for all the blood! Hope it lives.

Old October 8th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Charles B. Summers, HOF.

I wasn't able to see it since it was posted to a non-binaries group. Can you
post it to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing?

wrote in message
He was caught with a plastic worm. Bled from the gut but released. I
think he made it if the 'gators didn't get him.

Old October 8th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Charles B. Summers, HOF.

Yeah... right after I posted the message I went over there, and there it
was!

Nice fish! Shoulda kept it... looked doomed anyway. Woulda made a nice wall
mount! (Go ahead... flame away!)

Old October 14th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bill McKee" SNIP

We need to do less catch and release in a lot of lakes. We are getting
over run with dinks in some formerly great bass lakes. Shasta and Clear
Lake, Calif. for 2 as well as Oroville. You can catch a 100+ 12" or less
fish in a day. Hard to get a decent fish. We are overpopulating some
lakes with predators for the amount of forage.

We've got some lakes like that around here, especially concerning the
walleyes. Many of the lakes have a 3 fish limit, one over 14", two under.
On a couple of the lakes that have the 5 fish, 15", you can fish for two
days, catching 150 fish or more per day and maybe come up with one or two
keepers.

I've talked to the Department of Natural Resources about these lakes and
they tell me that "studies show the lakes have an adequate population of
sizable walleye." I've offered to take them fishing and show them that
there's a difference between studies and actual experience. Not one of them
has taken me up on that offer.

Catch and release is fine, but it needs to be tempered with reality.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com