Bob Rickard Memorial/Northwoods Classic 2008

Old July 1st, 2008, 05:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default Bob Rickard Memorial/Northwoods Classic 2008

Hello all,

Things are finally coming together for this year's event. The dates for the
tournament is September 4th and 5th, with pre-fishing allowed and encouraged
for as many days prior to the event as you wish. This is a two day bass
tournament with individual weight combined for the two days determining the
winner. Both largemouth and smallmouth are legal with a 14 inch minimum
size.

The entry fee for both days is $60, with $10 of the fee going into the Big
Bass pot. All cash collected will be paid out in prizes to the anglers
catching the highest three weights, along with trophies to the top three.
Big Bass will be determined by weight, with length being the final
determination in the event of a tie. There will also be a trophy given for
the largest "Non-Bass" caught during the two day event.

Standard tournament rules apply, no live bait, only one line in the water at
a time and unique to Wisconsin, NO CULLING is allowed. That means once you
have five bass in the livewell, you're done fishing for bass for the day and
will have to concentrate on winning the Non-Bass trophy. This gives the
tournament an added bit of suspense. Do you keep five 14 1/2 inch bass or
do you toss them back because you think you can catch a bigger one??? We'll
go over all of this at a pre-tournament meeting on Wednesday night.

As we've done in the past, Wednesday night we'll have the pre-tournament
meeting at either the Claridge or at the Rhinelander Pub where we'll eat.
And, as we've done in the past, there will be a wild game feed at my home on
Thursday night. The grill will be working overtime as I've taken whitetail
deer, Corsican Ram, Russian Boar and Buffalo this past year. I'm unsure
what you'll be eating, but rest assured, it will be tasty. Friday night,
after the tournament has concluded, we will stuff ourselves at the Al-Gen
Dinner Club's Fish Fry and award the cash and trophies.

I talked to the management at the Claridge Best Western Motor Lodge and
they've agreed to hold to the same room rates we've had for the past couple
of years. The nightly rate is $63.00 per night (single occupancy), $67.00
per night (double occupancy). If you're planning on attending this year,
you'll need to make your reservation prior to August 15. Simply call the
hotel at 1-800-427-1377, tell them you're with the Northwoods Classic
fishing tournament and you'll get the preferred pricing.

It's a great time and we've had so much fun in the past, that as soon as
it's over, my wife Janet and I are looking forward to next year's event. If
you haven't come in the past, do consider attending this year. I know gas
prices are limiting travel for many, but it's quite possible that this year
might be the last year for the NWC to be in Rhinelander. Don't worry if you
don't have a boat, we pair up non-boaters with those that do bring boats,
and don't worry either if you have little or no tournament experience.
Heavy took first place one year, the first time he'd ever fished a
tournament, and he did it as a non-boater!!!

I'm sure I'm forgetting many things, but if you have any questions at all,
please do not hesitate to contact me, either here, on OutdoorFrontiers.com,
via telephone or personal email (this address works).

Also, if anyone cares to find some prizes to be given away for door prize
give-aways, please let me know what you can get.

So far, the people I've heard from a

Ronnie (boater)
Heavy (non-boater)
Heavy's wife Terri (?) (non-boater)
Jerry (boater?)
Gary (boater)
Gil (boater)
Moe (non-boater?)
Fritz (?) (boater)
Jason (boater)
Me (boater)

So, set aside some vacation time and plan on making the trip to Rhinelander
this September. Rhinelander does have an airport, and there is one near
Wausau, Wisconsin, so if you'd like to fly in, I'll certainly come and get
you. Come on up to Rhinelander this fall, you'll be glad you did, because
the more, the merrier!!!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old July 1st, 2008, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jerry Barton

I've already contacted Ranger Nets for their donation. Hopefully this year
we'll get the bigger nets for Walleye, I'm taking mine in to them as an
example of what I want.

Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris.S

Steve I should be there this year and also Mike Zuzich should be coming
too,so I look forward to seeing everyone. I will be bring my boats as well..

Chris S.

Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Chris.S" wrote in message
Steve I should be there this year and also Mike Zuzich should be coming
too,so I look forward to seeing everyone. I will be bring my boats as
well..

Hi Chris,

I kind of thought you might be coming up, but I haven't heard from you in a
while, so wasn't sure. Do you see Jim LaBee and Dave yet? Do you think
they might make it?

Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris.S

Dont know about Jim but Dave did mention that he would like to make it but
I'll check with both of them...

Chris S

Old July 5th, 2008, 04:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

We can add another couple of anglers to the list of attendees:

Ronnie (boater)
Heavy (non-boater)
Heavy's wife Terri (non-boater)
Jerry (boater)
Gary (boater)
Gil (boater)
Moe (non-boater)
Fritz (?) (boater)
Jason (boater)
Me (boater)
Chris S. (boater)
Mike Z. (non-boater)
Robbis Storm (non-boater)!

Can we add some more to the list? How about you Josh? You're not that far
away! John B, you should contact Charles Summers and see about the two of
you car-pooling it on up here!

Old July 6th, 2008, 03:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
.. .
How about Joe P. ?

I dunno, what about Joe P.? Joe, you coming' or what? Don't be handing me
any excuses, you know about it with plenty of lead time!!!

Old July 6th, 2008, 05:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 21:45:09 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
. ..
How about Joe P. ?

I dunno, what about Joe P.? Joe, you coming' or what? Don't be handing me
any excuses, you know about it with plenty of lead time!!!

I think he and Charles are doing a tourney that weekend.

Dan