Your ideal fishing trip

Old December 20th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Calif Bill

Default Your ideal fishing trip

Where do you launch out of? I live in Pleasanton.

wrote in message
My ideal trip would be to go to the same water I've been fishing for
over 20 years, the CA delta, but boat a 16+ large-mouth. Maybe in '05?

sket

Old December 21st, 2004, 02:50 AM

Hey Calif Bill...From your other posts on this site I assumed you lived
in Sacramento or somewhere around that area. I live in Manteca so I
mostly launch from Ladds Marina at Buckley Cove in Stockton, or north of
Tracy at Rivers End or at Lazy "M" just up the road from there. I fish
mostly during the week as I'm retired from Lawrence Livermore Lab for
almost 2 years and don't like the week-end hassle. Happy holidays to you
and yours..

sket

Old December 21st, 2004, 04:57 AM
Calif Bill

We need to get a trip together. I am semi-retired. After the last layoff,
I did not want to commute to Silicon Valley, so tried retiring. Got bored,
so starting a home repair business. Will be gone most of Feb, to Galapagos
and Amazon. When I launch in your area, I use Mossdales.
Bill

Old December 21st, 2004, 08:32 AM

Hey Bill....I've also launched from Mossdale, but not since I've
gotten the new boat. The river has some nasty bottom eating fiberglass
snags in it and I chose for the boat not to find them. Got some nice L/M
from up river over the years, but the bigger ones 4-6 pounders were from
the cuts and sloughs, also salmon and stripers from the main river when
the run is on. The big flood of '97 changed the river alot and moved the
sand around so it would be a new adventure for me. Yes, we have to get
togeather this spring after your trips. We got to stay in touch. Take
care... Bob

sket

Old December 21st, 2004, 09:28 PM
Calif Bill

I hate to hit the bottom, but if sand and I do not get high and dry, is not
so bad. I run a version of the Aluminum river jetboats. A Jetcraft. Was
thinking Disco Bay this week, but the fog predictions scare me.
Bill

Old December 21st, 2004, 11:35 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 05:41:18 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
sent into the ether:

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
That is a better weekend... being that I won't have to rush back in time
for
work on Monday. I also still have no problem with Boom Lake. The fish are
there... somewhere. What are my odds of catching a Muskie on Tomahawk?

That said... Champlain really should be a consideration sometime in the
future. Moving the Mid-Tenn Classic to Okeechobee was a treat for all of
us... wasn't it?

Hi Charles,

I don't have a problem with Boom Lake either. But after giving it some
thought, I figured that I'd move the NWC to Mohawksin and give you guys a
look at a different lake. Now, if fish aren't caught on this lake, don't
blame me, it's the lake that I take clients to when they want to catch
smallmouth bass.

Quantity or quality? So far my biggest Smallie up here is 4 1/2#. I
would like to better that. Then again, with the job situation the way
it is I may be in another state by then.

Your odds are as good or better to catch a muskie on Mohawksin as they are
on Boom, and there's even some monster dogfish there too! :-)

Well at least one person we know is assured a fish then :}

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
Old December 22nd, 2004, 12:36 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
wrote in message
[...]

***The really cool thing is that there's both in Mohawksin. I caught a fat
20" smallie thinking that I'd enter it in the weekly contest at the tackle
shop that's right on the water. Into the livewell it went and I was soon at
the dock. I walked in to tell them they had to measure a smallie for the
contest. They told me that unless is was longer than 21 inches, to just
release it, because that was the "smallest" of the week.

A client of mine lost one at boatside this past summer that I know was as
big, if not bigger than Gil's 7lb. 1oz. wallhanger. I had a good look at it
and just as I was telling him to play it gently, as it wasn't hooked very
good, he panicked and overpressured the fish. The hook popped free!

Your odds are as good or better to catch a muskie on Mohawksin as they are
on Boom, and there's even some monster dogfish there too! :-)

Well at least one person we know is assured a fish then :}

***Probably two, Warren and Charles are both "Big Dogs" in the dogfish
department.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com

Old December 22nd, 2004, 12:38 AM

Hey Bill..The weather in the valley the last week or so sucked, fog,
damp, and cold, except for today. Looked and felt like spring today, but
who knows about tomorrow. When I fish Disco Bay I launch at Orwood a
much shorter boat run for me. During the hot summer I don't care one way
or other. Gool luck if you go, let me know how you did. Take care.. Bob

sket