Bend over, California, Ahnold has a fishing closure for you!!

Old April 1st, 2006, 04:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

Default Bend over, California, Ahnold has a fishing closure for you!!

Hey guys, are you ready for this!?

I'm floored! Who the $%^&#!! runs this crazy state?! Now, not only is
the slot reduced to that foolish 46" to 56", but there IS NO SLOT for
four months! No stripers! Not even catfish for cryin' out loud!!

Check this out:

Sacramento, March 31 (AF) -

For Immediate Release

California Governor Uses Emergency Powers to Halt Rec Fishing for 120
Days:

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed an executive order that will
forbid all recreational fishing and shell fish harvest from all
anadromous waters of California for 120 days. This will include all
California Delta waterways from the cities of Sacramento and Stockton
to and including San Francisco Bay.

The order, effective April 1, 2006, is in response to demands from
environmental groups concerned about the continued depletion of salmon,
sturgeon and other species in anadromous waters.

The governor remarked as he signed the order: "Unfortunately, we must
call a halt to the intrusive impact of recreational fishing in order to
effectively measure the impact recreational fishing has on the aquatic
environment and how that impact relates to the diminishing number of
salmon, sturgeon and shellfish. Our citizens can still enjoy a wide
variety of freshwater fishing in the many other regions of the
state."

Executive director of the California Marine Industries Association, (M.
Wilson), remarked, "We'll be taking this to court immediately, of
course. Recreational sport fishing is a multi million dollar annual
industry in this region. The governor has just endangered the
livelihood of thousands of people."

A spokesperson for Citizens for A Sound Environment applauded the
governor's action, remarking that "This brings us a giant step closer
to reserving the anadromous waters of this state for the wild creatures
to whom The Goddess originally granted this gift. Now that recreational
anglers have been removed, we will begin focusing on the noisy, smelly,
ecologically disastrous commercial shipping and water based industry
that is also killing off the salmon and the sturgeon. We're sick and
tired of coddling these polluters. It's appropriate that the new edict
is effective on April 1, as April is the month when we celebrate Earth
Day and it is time to put the Earth first."

Old April 1st, 2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

"CoachPotato" wrote in message
oups.com...

The order, effective April 1, 2006, is in .......................

Duh.............

Old April 6th, 2006, 03:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

April Fool......Don't believe it!!!!!!!!!
Har, Har, Arf........

sket

Old April 6th, 2006, 04:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

wrote in message
April Fool......Don't believe it!!!!!!!!!
Har, Har, Arf........

sket

I feel so stupid...I had 500,000 people lined up to protest in the streets
of LA.

Tom