Fly manufacturer(s) wanted for fly sales web site

Old June 23rd, 2004, 06:46 PM
Randy

Default Fly manufacturer(s) wanted for fly sales web site

I am creating a new web site to offer good quality flies at a discount
price. I am looking for fly manufactures to fill my inventory.
Interested parties should send inquires to Randy at .
Please respond directly to my email address and don’t post responses to
this posting. All inquiries are strictly confidential.

Thanks,

Randy

Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:05 PM
Steve Sullivan

In article ,
Randy wrote:

I am creating a new web site to offer good quality flies at a discount
price. I am looking for fly manufactures to fill my inventory.
Interested parties should send inquires to Randy at .
Please respond directly to my email address and don¹t post responses to
this posting. All inquiries are strictly confidential.

I came across this ad from
www.ncffb.org, I havent tried them because
they wouldnt take credit cards and wanted the money wired to them,
seemed very fishy....

FISHING FLIES ON SALE IN BULKS

Posted By: jim
Date: 5/5/04 1:12 a.m.

wakFlies Company is a manufacturer and exporter of high quality
artficial hand tied fishing flies.We are based in Kenya,East Africa,and
are looking for marketing of our range of flies in the sport fishing
resorts. flies are tied high quality materials ,unless otherwise advised
by a customer,and the most popular hooks like Mustad,Daiichi,Kamasan and
TMC are our speciality.We can use Our any other brand of hook according
to every customer's specification. We can do with your materials hooks
and
shipment and give you our prices also if we use your materials and
charge
you for the labor supply us with your own materials and you own samples
if
they are different from the common ones. we also custom tie flies.
Our price list which is per dozen of flies,and in US$.,and which we hope
you will find both attractive and competative is appended herewith:-
Price for any other special patterns is negotiable.
DRY--------------3.0us$ PERDOZ of 12 pices
WETS-------------2.75 US$"
NYMPHS-----------2.80US$"
B.H NYMPHS-------3.0S$ "
streamers--------4.0S$ "
MUDDLERS---------4.25US$ "
STUMALATORSAND "
SPECIAL DRY FLIES 3.5 US$
SAL****ERS------- 8.5us$ "
SALMON-----------7.0 US$ "
BASSFLIES--------8.5US$ "
discount on bulk orders
We look forward to hearing from you,and to do business with you soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned for further trading

Date: 5/5/04 1:12 a.m.

wakFlies Company is a manufacturer and exporter of high quality
artficial hand tied fishing flies.We are based in Kenya,East Africa,and
are looking for marketing of our range of flies [snip]
We look forward to hearing from you,and to do business with you soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned for further trading

make sure you give them your bank account and bank transfer number as
well when you contact them.
Old July 9th, 2004, 02:36 PM
paraleptropy

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:46:23 -0700, Randy wrote:

I am creating a new web site to offer good quality flies at a discount
price. I am looking for fly manufactures to fill my inventory.
Interested parties should send inquires to Randy at .
Please respond directly to my email address and donÕt post responses to
this posting. All inquiries are strictly confidential.

Thanks,

Randy

Speaking from experience... I've contacted quite a few of these
places. Many of them will send you samples. Some are Free, some you
will be requested to pay for. Just make sure you state clearly that
you DO NOT expect to pay for Samples. Many places will just send them
to you.

The majority of samples I've received were of the lowest quality
flies, and would not sell them to anyone because I care about
potential customers. Once I find the right place to do business with,
I'll start selling, but when I do start selling, you can bet your ass
that my flies will be of Orvis / Umpaqua quality and not some crap.

Ohhh, and by the way. DO NOT SEND MONEY Until you get your
merchandise. I've heard that once some of these people receive your
money, they mysteriously get mugged while on their way to the post
office with your flies. I'm not saying that all of them are like
this, but I've heard many stories very similar to this. Guess who's
out of luck at this point!. Another thing... The flies are about
3.00 per dozen. (give take .75 cents) If you purchase 500 dozen or
so, the shipping will be another 300.00 bux. Then when the Uncle Sam
finds out that you've been doing business oversees, you'll be hit up
with an import tax.

Good luck to you, Randy. I hope I've helped at least with giving you
a few things to look out for.
-=Paraleptropy=-
http://www.neflyfishing.net
0 Limit,Catch -n- Release
Old July 9th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Clark Reid

Good advice, the other point to consider is not just the tying quality but
if you are paying $3.00 a dozen ask yourself what sort of hook they are tied
on.

It has often amazed me (I should note for the sake of honesty here I work
for Feather Merchants) that anglers will spend $500 on a rod, $300 on a reel
$50 on a fly rod and so on and then start to bitch and moan about a few
cents on the hook.

When you hook the fish of a lifetime on that 60 cent fly, don't let me be
the one to say "I told you so" when the cheap and nasty hook straightens!

Clark Reid

Old July 9th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Clark Reid

I guess it comes down to how the written word is expressed and interpeted on
these types of forum... I'm sure you got the point (pardon the pun).

Clark

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:04:49 +1200, "Clark Reid"
wrote:

It has often amazed me (I should note for the sake of honesty here I work
for Feather Merchants) that anglers will spend $500 on a rod, $300 on a

reel
$50 on a fly rod and so on and then start to bitch and moan about a few
cents on the hook.

I don't know of anyone who complains about paying
a few cents per hook, given that in the US we are
approaching - admittedly for small quantities -
half a dollar to a dollar for many hooks, depending
on size, etc.

Old July 10th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Clark Reid

Nope, never meant that at all

The point being it is false economy to skimp on a hook given its comparative
investment to all of your other equipment and yet it is the thing that
contects you to the very thing you seek.

Clark Reid

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:33:38 +1200, "Clark Reid"
wrote:

I guess it comes down to how the written word is expressed and interpeted

on
these types of forum... I'm sure you got the point (pardon the pun).

... that all of us (in the us) are rich americans
who shouldn't complain about diddly hook prices ?
No, I don't understand your point, unless it's this
one (which I suspect it's not :-)