Cheney victim has heart attack

Old February 14th, 2006, 06:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Cheney victim has heart attack

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...4-cheney_x.htm

Willi
Old February 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Willi wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...4-cheney_x.htm

In all the brouhaha surrounding this hunting accident I
don't believe I've read a single word on roff about Cheney's
choice of shotgun. He was using a Perazzi. Now say what you
will about Cheney, fact is he has great taste in shotguns.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old February 14th, 2006, 06:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Willi" wrote ...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...4-cheney_x.htm

Willi

That certainly takes what little humor there was out of it.

Dan

Old February 14th, 2006, 06:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Willi wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...4-cheney_x.htm

Willi

That's sad news.

I saw this at the end of the piece:

"Cheney's office said Monday night in a statement that Cheney had a $125
non-resident hunting license and has sent a $7 check to cover the cost
of the stamp. "The staff asked for all permits needed, but was not
informed of the $7 upland game bird stamp requirement," the statement said."

I called it -- they're blaming it on a staff puke.

Old February 14th, 2006, 07:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Willi" wrote in message
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...4-cheney_x.htm

Oh.......um.......uh......well, just don't anybody overreact.......o.k?

Wolfgang
who has seen this sort of thing before. doubtless one of those pesky
pellets was hiding in the guy's hair and when nobody was looking it chewed
its way through his skull and down to the heart. nobody's
fault......nothing to be done about it......happens just about every time
somebody hunts quail. oh well.

Old February 14th, 2006, 07:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Daniel-San" wrote in news:_GpIf.47934
:

"Willi" wrote ...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...4-cheney_x.htm

Willi

That certainly takes what little humor there was out of it.

Dan

You mean that if I mentioned something about Cheney's taxidermist being in
a huff about the face shot, it wouldn't be even a little bit funny?

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Old February 14th, 2006, 07:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Scott Seidman" wrote ...
"Daniel-San" wrote

"Willi" wrote ...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...4-cheney_x.htm

Willi

That certainly takes what little humor there was out of it.

Dan

You mean that if I mentioned something about Cheney's taxidermist being in
a huff about the face shot, it wouldn't be even a little bit funny?

I stand corrected.

chuckle

It's just that with everone bick...yell... shou...oh, hell, I'll be polite
and say 'discussing' the incident and its political implications (or lack
thereof, ??) the fact that some guy got shot in the face (and apparently,
torso) seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Him having a heart attack, even a 'minor' one is not very funny, IMO.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Dan

Old February 14th, 2006, 07:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wolfgang wrote:
Oh.......um.......uh......well, just don't anybody overreact.......o.k?

Wolfgang
who has seen this sort of thing before. doubtless one of those pesky
pellets was hiding in the guy's hair and when nobody was looking it chewed
its way through his skull and down to the heart. nobody's
fault......nothing to be done about it......happens just about every time
somebody hunts quail. oh well.

I once fished with a guide who told me this story: One time while
guiding a old couple he was forced into sneaking away in order to take a
dump. Mid course in the proceedings, his clients decided to come looking
for him. In his haste to pull up his waders a stray hook caught him in
his left nut. He had to muffle screams and, in a matter of seconds,
reappear to his clients with an air of nonchalance.

Conjoining this with Cheney's mishap in a overreaching kind of way, my
lessons of the day a

1. If I were to catch my left nut on a stray hook (or anything for that
matter) I would not mention it on ROFF.

2. If I were to catch my left nut on a stray hook in the course of
everyday fly fishing, I would not consider it 'usual'.

3. If I were to catch my left nut on a stray hook I would too be in
grave danger of a mild coronary.

There's probably more.
Old February 14th, 2006, 07:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"GaryM" wrote in message
...There's probably more.

I think maybe so. I'm no medical expert.....but I DO work at a facility
crawling with them. Conducting my own informal investigation, I discovered
just this afternoon that a mild heart attack is a common hysterical
overreaction to what is known in the trade as a "mild spraying". Mark my
words, before this is all over we are going to discover that this
Whittington character is some sort of closet liberal and he's just milking
this amusing little incident for all it's worth.

All we need is an enterprising young double naught investigative reporter.

Wolfgang
icu.......but i can't get to you.

Old February 14th, 2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:56:37 GMT, rw
wrote:

Willi wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...4-cheney_x.htm

Willi

That's sad news.

I saw this at the end of the piece:

"Cheney's office said Monday night in a statement that Cheney had a $125
non-resident hunting license and has sent a $7 check to cover the cost
of the stamp. "The staff asked for all permits needed, but was not
informed of the $7 upland game bird stamp requirement," the statement said."

I called it -- they're blaming it on a staff puke.

Um, first, if he got it in November, it should have been $300, not $125,
so I'd question the quote's accuracy. IAC, if you'd bother to look at
things with even a hint of objectivity, you'd see that even if the part
about the staff asking, etc. is accurate, there's nothing in the least
bit wrong with them doing so, and more importantly, it's quite possible
that they were misinformed as were many others due to a pretty extensive
reg overhaul/change. This is among the reasons why the TPWD isn't
issuing cites to hunters yet.

OTOH, if he had a $120 non-res spring turkey license, he didn't need the
upland stamp - see my reply on that, and if so, it's sure going to be
interesting to see how you and others deal with the crow...and given
your stances, we might have an answer as to how hard it would be to eat
a rather large batch of birds...

TC,