Shipping fishing rods in the mail

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Default Shipping fishing rods in the mail

Say someone was going to sell off some unused equipment that's just sitting
around taking up some space right now. How would he ship them to the buyer
to ensure that they arrived as pretty as the day they were shipped?

I'm thinking about putting some of my over-abundance of fishing rods/reels
on ebay...

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Carpet tubes.

Joe
-------------------------------
. ..

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

Ok here are a few suggestions

rods- pvc pipe
reels and anything else- always insured, wrapped up good in bubble wrap and
boxed and taped

delivery confirmation on everything no matter how small. The minute you sell
something of significant value on e-bay without insurance, it will be lost
by the USPS. or without delivery confirmation, the person who gets the mail
can claim he.she never received it.

If you state in your ad that your not responsible for buyers who don't
select to insure...guess what, you still are responsible to show that it was
delivered. paypal will almost always side with the buyer, because they know
the seller is screwed if he doesn't offer paypal as a method of payment and
will most likely refund the money as opposed to shutting down his or her
paypal account because they don't agree

now on to the important stuff....what have you got and how much do you want
for it? maybe i can save you a whole lot of time and energy

--
WWW.GOTOBAITS.COM
PREMIUM HAND POURED BAITS

Old June 25th, 2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Say someone was going to sell off some unused equipment that's just
sitting around taking up some space right now. How would he ship them to
the buyer to ensure that they arrived as pretty as the day they were
shipped?

I'm thinking about putting some of my over-abundance of fishing rods/reels
on ebay...

Charles,

I have been shipping rods in carpet tubes for years now. They're cheap
(usually free), easy to come by (most carpet dealers have piles of them) and
best of all, they work. These things are almost 1/4" thick and withstand
all but the most simian-like mail handler.

I cut the tubes about 4-6 inches longer than the longest rod. I then wrap
bubble wrap around the rods at both ends and one in the middle. I insert
the rod into the carpet tube and plug the ends with more bubble wrap to
protect the ends. Then I simply cut 12-16 inch duct tape strips and close
off the ends by taping over the opening. I secure those pieces of tape with
a couple wraps around the tube.

I've sent hundreds of rods all over the country and only once did the U.S.
Postal Service break the rods. On a side note, my brother in law is a
driver for UPS. According to him, and verified by one of my sources at St.
Croix, UPS "buys" more St. Croix rods than any single other source,
including BassPro Shops or Cabela's! I ship rods via USPS and they get
there just fine, and it costs less too.

Insurance and proof of delivery is a must when shipping something like this.
My normal shipping bill for a rod is normally around $25.00.

What I want to know is "What in the heck is going on Charles?" First you
sell your boat, now you're selling off an "over-abundance" of rods???? Let
me tell you son, there ain't no such thing as an over-abundance of rods.....
Unless you're dead or turning into some kind of rugby song material!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old June 25th, 2007, 09:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

What I want to know is "What in the heck is going on Charles?" First you
sell your boat, now you're selling off an "over-abundance" of rods????
Let me tell you son, there ain't no such thing as an over-abundance of
rods..... Unless you're dead or turning into some kind of rugby song
material!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Thanks for the tip there Steve...

What's going on? Well, I wasn't exactly going to get rid of "all" my rods,
just a few that I usually never used much in the first place. Also, every
damn time I plan on a fishing trip... this little thing called work gets in
my way. I don't know what's changed here at work, but man... we've been
slammed to no end! To top it all off, we failed a major inspection last year
that was caused by a "bad" judgement call! Now, the frequency of the
inspections has changed from a once in three year inspections, to a once a
year inspection until we get our score back up. Usually, we scored superior
in all phases of the building!

I have one weekend out of three to do anything for myself, as it currently
stands. If I didn't have sixteen years invested here... lol.

Anyway... still looking for a jon boat. I know one of these days I'll get to
pitch a worm again.

Old June 25th, 2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Oops... was suppose to be e-mailed, not send here.

Old June 27th, 2007, 07:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
The Great Gazooka

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 17:53:36 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

[...]

By Golly........have you shipped any worms about the size of your
weiner in old chap stick tubes, Stevie Spammer? By golly you sure are
a good ol' spammer. Some of them worms are enormous!! Big enough to
choke a huge brookie.
Old June 27th, 2007, 02:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

"The Great Gazooka" wrote in message
Some of them worms are enormous!! Big enough to
choke a huge brookie.

Yup... and he uses your mouth as a mold for making his weiners. It's funny
how many you can fit in there without leaving stretch marks.

Old June 27th, 2007, 06:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jerry Barton

Now you did it Charles, you went and replied to the Idiot Savant and he'll
eat it up.

Old June 27th, 2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

Funny though. I am glad he replied or I'd never seen that idiots post, since
I plonked his worthless butt a while back. Good one Charles.