What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

Old June 30th, 2007, 03:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

Default What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

snip It's not what I caught but what I saw.
snip If I had not seen it myself I never would have believed it.

I feel a whole new thread to this post coming on..................

"Who Cares" wrote in message
I was fishing for largemouth and
smallmouth bass on a stream not far from where I live on Wed. the 27th.
It was very hot, 93 and humid.In the shallows by a railroad bridge I saw
a fish cruising back and forth but I couldn't tell what it was. It
wasn't a bass, and I knew it wasn't a carp. Thought maybe it wasa sucker
but I had never seen one this big. Finally the fish moved into the deep
hole in front of the point I was fishing. There's a smaller creek that
emptys into the main creek right where I was. I called a friend to tell
him about all the bass that were cruising around and looking at a nice
bass hanging around a fallen tree in the feeder creek when the fish I
had seen cruising in the shallows by the bridge slowly came up to take
something off the surface. It had spots on it's side, it was a trout
about 30" long. It wasn't as big around as I would have thought. They do
stock this stream but it must be around 20 miles further up from where I
was. Must be a very old fish as the average size that are stocked is 11"
Couldn't get it to bite but I'm going to keep trying. Trout being a cold
water fish it must stay mostly in the deeper holes and I know where they
are. Next time I'll take my canoe so I can better access the deep
spots.

Old August 20th, 2007, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Red

In article .com,
Colin wrote:

What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

A bat.
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:54 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.mis,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rodney Long

Red wrote:
In article .com,
Colin wrote:

What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

A beaver

I was cat fishing at night, a beaver swam into my line, and the hook
ended up it it's front leg, one heck of a fight on 30 lb test line :-)

--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic Wiggle rig
Old September 9th, 2007, 08:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
LabRat

James E. Morrow voiced his/her/it's humble opinion in
rec.outdoors.fishing.fly on Sat 09 Jun 2007 11:33:53a:

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 21:06:08 -0700, salmobytes wrote:

On Jun 8, 10:00 pm, Colin wrote:
What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

The night hawk was weirder than the bat.
But I think the rattlesnake takes the cake.

Two years ago my brother and I were fishing at Lake Thunderbird, near
Norman, Oklahoma. On a cast from the dam my brother snared a wayward
seagull in midair. The angry bird couldn't fly in that condition. My
brother had to real him in and untangle him from the line. What a mess.
The rest of us on shore just watched in a bemused amazement.

When it was all over the bird flew away, no doubt wondering what that was
all about.

That happened to me at the Vedder Canal in BC. I cast high to get across
the river and the stupid bird ran right into it.

I had to reel it in and hold it's beak to get my lure back.

LOL

Later......

LabRat...... |:^{)

Old September 10th, 2007, 12:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
James E. Morrow

LabRat wrote in
:

On Jun 8, 10:00 pm, Colin wrote:
What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is)

snip

That happened to me at the Vedder Canal in BC. I cast high to get
across the river and the stupid bird ran right into it.

I had to reel it in and hold it's beak to get my lure back.

LOL

Later......

These are truly *fowl* birds.

--
James E. Morrow
Email to:
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Denis Lamy

Red a écrit :
In article .com,
Colin wrote:

What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

A bat.

My brother's hear. :-|

--
Hope to read you soon,

Denis
www.uqtr.ca/~lamyd

You'll have to eat the SPAM to E-mail
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:50 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jeb

In article ,
Denis Lamy wrote:

Red a écrit :
In article .com,
Colin wrote:

What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

A bat.

My brother's hear. :-|

I have caught a bat too. I guess they are popular.
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
E. Carl Speros

In the piscatorial realm I caught a Green Garfish (rare this far north,
& as a kid fishing for flounder at Ocean City Md. I caught the oddest
fish I ever caught. It had a mouth like a largie & was red. My dad said
it was a sea robin. Non fish include a large snapping turtle (I cut him
off), & a waer snake grabbed a bluegill I'd caught.

Old September 23rd, 2007, 02:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Milo Milo

i have caught many diff fish but trolling once at lake james i caught a
pair of mens underwear , another time i caugh a round rock with a tiny
hole in it just big enough for the hoo to set in believe it or not
reeling it in it was like a fish fighting from side to side

Old September 23rd, 2007, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill[_2_]

"Red" wrote in message
In article .com,
Colin wrote:

What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

Off the end of Felixstowe pier several years ago a Paul Kerry rod and reel.
I guess someone cast and forgot to hang on! Used it for years, lovely rod.

Bill