A different boat for Huber....

Old July 4th, 2007, 12:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default A different boat for Huber....

It was killing me to have sold my FastCat and not have a replacement for it.
I did steal my son in law's boat, Charles' old Nitro, and while it's a nice
little boat, for my guiding and filming for the television show, it just
didn't do the job.

I lucked out and found this fairly locally, in the Milwaukee area.

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/phot...?album=3&pos=1

I need to upgrade the electronics and do some tweaking and tuning because it
only hits 70 mph, but all in all, it's a nice boat. I took it out on Boom
Lake for some running around and to get some seat time, but I couldn't stand
it and had to fish a little bit.

I caught a smallmouth on a fluke that was just shy of 21 inches and a 16
inch largemouth took one of Randy's Tournament Sticks. I also caught
probably another 10-12 smaller fish on the flukes/stick baits as well as
three on an SW chartreuse/white spinnerbait.

Not a bad start in a different boat....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old July 4th, 2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message
It was killing me to have sold my FastCat and not have a replacement for
it. I did steal my son in law's boat, Charles' old Nitro, and while it's a
nice little boat, for my guiding and filming for the television show, it
just didn't do the job.

I lucked out and found this fairly locally, in the Milwaukee area.

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/phot...?album=3&pos=1

I need to upgrade the electronics and do some tweaking and tuning because
it only hits 70 mph, but all in all, it's a nice boat. I took it out on
Boom Lake for some running around and to get some seat time, but I
couldn't stand it and had to fish a little bit.

Tritons are heavy like Champions or BassCats. It might not run much faster.

Sweet looking boat. What is going on with your deal with Fast Cat anyway?

Also, doesn't it realistically take two boats to do all the best video for a
fishing show?

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old July 4th, 2007, 03:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

A different boat for Huber....

We get some pretty good video using only one boat, but two would be
much better, I'll admit that.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

====
Hell Steve, I just wish I could put a row boat in this lake....and here
you guys are talking two boats, 80 miles an hour, and how to get more!

Congrats on the new boat....enjoy it!!!!

John K

Old July 4th, 2007, 03:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks! I was impressed that the boat was as nice "in person" as it looked
in the photos the former owner sent me. It's fairly obvious that the
previous owners took good care of the boat. The only major boo-boo is on
the starboard side, the result of a close encounter of the worst kind with a
nail pounded into a dock.

It would be nice if I could get a little better performance from it though.
I've got some questions posed to some experts in the industry, as well as
some off-the-wall ideas that might bear some fruit. As it does have a
jackplate, I can play with the engine height some too. I'm going to
experiment with some propping too. But, if it doesn't go any faster, I
suppose it will be "fast enough," at least for now.

As far as the deal with FastCat, I was upholding my end of the bargain, but
what I hadn't anticipated was a management change in the company. The deal
I had struck was with the former president and he has left. The new
management has contacted me and we have begun negotiations. Unfortunately
things of this nature rarely happen overnight. It's possible that I could
be in another FastCat for 2008, which would be cool. That was a great boat.
Or, I could be in another quality boat. It's hard to say what the future
will bring.

Yes, it is better to use two boats to video a fishing show, but currently my
budget barely allows me to use one! Unless you want to have your business
sponsor a show.... :-) I can give you an ROFB discount and you'd have to
check with your accountant, but by being a sponsor, your fishing could
become a tax-deductible expense!

I have learned how to be creative in my filming, and it helps that my son is
the videographer. He's young, strong and flexible, so he can work camera
angles that I couldn't possibly do. We get some pretty good video using

Old July 4th, 2007, 05:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

how much did you pick that up for Steve ?

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old July 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

Sweeeeet, I can fish with Steve in September..hint hint.
PS, it's alwaysfishking when you put the name on the rod :-)...just thought
I would save you some time

Randy

--
WWW.GOTOBAITS.COM
PREMIUM HAND POURED BAITS

Old July 4th, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Joshuall" wrote in message
how much did you pick that up for Steve ?

I'd say a song and a dance, but you guys know me. I can't sing and I can't
dance!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Old July 4th, 2007, 06:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
Sweet ride Steve. It should show up better on TV too being red and all.
Good luck with it .

Yeah, I'm curious how that's going to video too. Although right now, BOTH
of my cameras are in the shop getting much needed service work done on them
so it'll be a little while before I will find out.

We need to talk, you and I. Send me a private email so I can give you my
phone number.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Old July 4th, 2007, 06:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
Sweet ride Steve. It should show up better on TV too being red and all.
Good luck with it .
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

I thought red tended to over drive on a lot of braodcast media.