Product Review SW Sidearm

Old August 16th, 2007, 11:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

Default Product Review SW Sidearm

Well, I got these in the mail a few weeks ago, the boys over at SW made sure
my order was sent out priority as I wanted them for my vacation trip to the
Poconos. One problem, I didn't catch many fish on them, but that's hard to
do when you only fished them for about 20 minutes from the bank

You see everytime I wanted to throw a spinnerbait, my friend would be
reeling in another fish on soft plastics. It was tough to put down the
plastic worms, But I did get a chance to rig some up and test them in the
clear water from the campsite. They worked very good in my opinion, ran true
everytime, the blades didn't get hung up on each other and they produced
fish. I must have caught about 10 smallies or so, the fun part was watching
the smallies smash the lure a few feet from shore. Now there was nothing
big, but as far as smallies go, I only got one over 2 lbs that week most
were in the 1 to 1.5 range, not a big smallie lake to begin with

If you haven't fished these spinnerbaits you should, stopping the retrieve
and watching the spinnerbait blades just collapse and then watching the fish
just hammer it might have been the best part of my trip( Nah i'm lying it
was watching DV run up behind the sheep after the tourny), But it was fun.

I decided yesterday to head over to the local goose watering hole in SW Ohio
here last night, temps have been in the 90's for almost 15 days now and
yesterday it cooled just a tad, I left for the hole at about 7 pm. I started
throwing the spinnerbait at about 7:10. I immediately had two small bass in
the 1 lb range and by 7:30 had added 4 more. Now this park pond is small and
heavily fished by all sorts of Midwest bassmaster wannabees, So there was
about 4 or 5 other people fishing. i didn't see one person take a bass
during the 1 hour I was there. I fished until 8 pm and had added another 4
bass and a small catfish!!!!. I packed up and headed home with 10 bass in
less than an hour. I gotta say, I was impressed, even though no monsters
were caught I fished these spinnerbaits in two different states and caught a
good amount of fish each time. i'll head out again tonight and see if I
can't pick up some more.

Old August 16th, 2007, 11:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
QUAKEnSHAKE

I too bought some SWL a Sidearm and Mini-kit(bluegill) a few weeks
ago.

The good- Throwing parralel to the bank from a point sticking out on
the lake out like 8 feet or so run the Sidearm real slow and have been
getting a couple of bass from that spot each time.

The bad- Lost the Mini-kit after just 15 minutes of use no fish.
Trying to get extra distance with my baitcaster I stetched back, whipped
the rod, the lure caught on a bush branch just a bit causing a BACKLASH
and SNAP (10# PP)there went the lure. I saw it drop in the lake about 40
feet out. :-(

Old August 17th, 2007, 12:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

You know... I have yet to catch a fish on the sidearm spinner bait, but I
have loaned the two I have out a couple times, and both times the guys I
loaned them to caught fish. Go figure.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old August 17th, 2007, 02:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

Well I hit that same lake again, tossed the spinnerbait and caught 1 fish in
30 minutes, switched to a frog and had 2 more. Last fish which was the
biggest at 2.3 lbs came on the SW buzzbait, all in all it's just good to
start setting the hook on a daily basis again

.. .