Last Working Man of the Summer

Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Last Working Man of the Summer

Last Working Man of the Summer

Just fished the last Working Man evening tournament of the summer, and I
didn't thinkt o call anybody. Just showed up and fished it by myself. I
found fish oriented to the wind and started working them. Wound up with
17.97 pounds and 1st place by close to three pounds.

The Working Man has a 2 pound pot. That's given tot he fish closest to 2
pounds. I had one that my little digital scale weighed at 1lb 14 ounces.
My scale weighs just a tad light, so I figure that fish with real clsoe to
exactly 2 pounds. I sweated over culling that fish and going for the big
bag, or keeping it and going for the 2 pound fish. I actually culled 2
larger fish before I broke down and culled that one out. Turns out I could
have kept it and maybe taken 1st and the 2 pound pot both. Oh, well. I'm
happy. In less than 4 hrs on the water I caught more than a dozen keepers
and finished the day culling 3 pound fish.

Woo Hoo.

Chris did a great job as usual of running the torunament and I really
appreciated having his BBQ all setup with munchies and beverages after we
came off the water.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Last Working Man of the Summer

Great work Bob! Congratulations! I wish the hot weather fishing was that
good back here. But late evening isn't all that bad. There's no law
against winning two in a row...good luck!

John
==============

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Wed, Aug 22, 2007, 10:05pm
(CDT-2) From: (Bob*La*Londe)

Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"John B" wrote in message

Last Working Man of the Summer

Great work Bob! Congratulations! I wish the hot weather fishing was that
good back here. But late evening isn't all that bad. There's no law
against winning two in a row...good luck!

John
**************
Thanks John,

Actually I did win two in a row this year, but this wasn't one of them.
There was a 3 fish jackpot tournament with Yuma Bassmasters I fished in
between where I didn't even place. This is my third 1st this year though.
I'm kinda excited, but I am also realistic. I got lucky and found some good
fish and managed to catch them. I know it was only a tidbit of knowledge
and skill and mostly good luck. I felt really good fishing solo against
teams though and doing well. Only reason I think I might have wished to
have a partner in the boat was to share a really good fishing experience.
Its a toss up. When you are the only guy in the boat you know its all you,
but it is a shame not to have shared such a good day.

Old August 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"John B" wrote in message

[...]

I should also add, Chris AND Jeff AND Gilbert... did a great job of
putting on the tournament.

Old August 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

On Aug 24, 8:23 am, Bob La Londe wrote:
"John B" wrote in message

[...]

P.S. Hey guys. Why is this group getting so slow? Is it just a
general decline in overall Usenet usage? I know for certain that
while most of my good days on the water can be attributed largely to
luck, but the input of many of you guys in this group has also been a
major factor. I know when I was learning about wacky rigging senkos
several people here contributed to the formula I finally put together
that works for me. Line, hooks, rod, etc... I can say the same about
fishing crankbaits.

Old August 26th, 2007, 01:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

"Fishking" wrote in message
Not quite sure Bob but there are a lot of regulars who are not posting
anymore, for me it's the cursed state of Ohio, I don't have nearly enough
fishing oppurtunities anymore, I'm actually thinking of giving up the job
and moving back to PA, just to fish regularly again

--
WWW.GOTOBAITS.COM
PREMIUM HAND POURED BAITS
oups.com...
"John B" wrote in message

[...]

With all the rain in Ohio, you can fish out the window of the truck during
commute hours.

Old August 26th, 2007, 04:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Fishking" wrote in message
Not quite sure Bob but there are a lot of regulars who are not posting
anymore, for me it's the cursed state of Ohio, I don't have nearly enough
fishing oppurtunities anymore, I'm actually thinking of giving up the job
and moving back to PA, just to fish regularly again

Strange, when I was in went to high school in Oh for a year I had tons of
places to go fishing. Must be the area of the state. I fished the Mohigan,
Vermillion, Black, and Rocky Rivers, also a ton on Erie, half a dozen farm
and borrow ponds, and Pymatooning. Mostly white bass on Erie, some LMs in
th eponds and rivers, also fished for salmon, crappie, and tons of bluegill.

Old August 31st, 2007, 05:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

That must be the true Randy. I just spent 3 weeks in Columbus, Oh and went
to a few tackle stores to look around and inquire where most folks that were
serious bass fisherman went fishing.
They all said "we make the drive to Erie, there's not much going on around
here."
I sure couldn't live knowing I was 3 hours from some good fishing. (or more)

"Fishking" wrote in message

Strange, when I was in went to high school in Oh for a year I had tons of
places to go fishing. Must be the area of the state.

Really Bob, there is no good fishing here, unless you count catfish, at
stores tackle selection stinks(except bass pro). I'm in South West Ohio
and without a boat right now it's very lame. Then again it's tough when
comparing what I had in PA, while I have caught some bass out here they
are not very big at all. It has also been in the mid to upper 90's for
almost 25 days this summer, not something I'm used to. Erie is quite a
haul from here.

But now I get ready for the NWC and Boom lake again. while I haven't been
on that lake in a few years, it's my kind of fishing. Looking forward to a
great couple of days fishing and seeing all the guys. hopefully I can put
a winning pattern together this year and break that 2nd place jinks that
seems to have been passed on to me by Charles, all though I did take 3rd
in Tenn and 4th the year before on boom. Can't remember where I came in at
Florida, but that involved a lot of beer, some alligator for dinner and a
nasty stomach virus on the final day( maybe the beer and alligator)