Bob Rickard Memorial Classic 2007

Old September 8th, 2007, 12:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default Bob Rickard Memorial Classic 2007

Hey All,

Sorry I haven't been keeping you guys up to date on the going's on up here,
but believe it or not, I've been "somewhat" busy.

For those of you that didn't show up this year, you missed a good
tournament. The weather was a bit iffy today with thunderstorms forecast,
but it wouldn't be a Rhinelander tournament without some change in the
weather. But, we did laugh way into the darkness, renewed old friendships
and forged new ones.

This was an "interesting" tournament to say the least with some great bags
brought in. Had Wisconsin changed it's rules on culling, several of the
entrants would have been culling both days. As it was, I didn't keep track
of the total number of fish caught, but we brought to the scales 112.25
pounds of smallmouth and largemouth bass for eleven guys over two days of
fishing. I can't remember what last year's total was, but I believe this
was a record catch. Some good fish were weighed as well, with at least 6 in
the three pound class and two pushing four pounds!

The ranking for the BRMC 2007 is as follows;

Ronnie - 20 lb. 6 oz.

Moe - 19 lb. 5 oz.

Jason - 17 lb. 12 oz.

Gary - 16 lb. 8 oz.

Gil - 12 lb. 1 oz.

Chris - 9 lb. 1 oz.

Steve - 7 lb. 6 oz.

Dan - 6 lb. 14 oz.

Jim - 1 lb. 10 oz.

Fritz - 1 lb. 5 oz.

Randy - 0

Doc - 0

The Big Bass Honors this year get split between two anglers that brought in
some nice fish. A smallie and a largemouth were identical at 3 lb. 15 oz.
These anglers were our own Moe and a friend of mine, Jason.

While Randy had a great practice day, the wheels came off during the actual
event. BUT, he did catch a very chunky 38 inch muskie to gain him the
largest "Non-Bass" trophy. On the other hand, he did lose a bet to Moe,
further details will forthcoming I'm sure.

You guys really need to consider making the trek to Rhinelander next year.
It'll be the Thursday and Friday after Labor Day again.

Now, I'm off to eat fish......
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old September 8th, 2007, 03:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

Thanks for the report Steve. Sounds like you guys had a great tourney with
lots of fish and fun.
Congratulations Ronnie !
You guys be safe getting home.

Old September 9th, 2007, 02:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Wish I could have stayed over to enjoy the fun, Steve. Congratulations on
another successful Northwoods Classic. I didn't get to stick around for the
two days of competition, but as always I enjoyed fishing the beautiful
Wisconsin lakes. Good food, good fellowship, good fishing... Bob Rickard
would definitely have approved.

I was happy, too, to spend a couple days with the Outdoor Frontiers crew.
I'm looking forward to seeing your show on the Sportsman's Channel starting
in October.... I may need to run back up that month when the spinnerbait
bite picks up again to finish shooting our episode.

Joe
-------------

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message
Hey All,

Sorry I haven't been keeping you guys up to date on the going's on up here,
but believe it or not, I've been "somewhat" busy.

For those of you that didn't show up this year, you missed a good
tournament. snip

Old September 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I got home yesterday - Fritz and I had a great week fishing north of
Rhinelander. Will post some details when I can catch up a little about
the tournament and last week.

Boom was great this year - amazed at the numbers of fish I caught. I
was happy and lucky to win - although there was a problem with my
first day weight and I will always wonder if I really came in first or
second.

I joined Chris in the broke boat list - hit a rock pile last Tuesday
on Crab lake - while on plane. Boat is at the dealer now getting new
lower unit and prop. I dropped it off yesterday morning on the way
through Atlanta - after a 18 hour drive from Boulder Junction. Got
home at 10 AM and got some sleep.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com