Last Trip out

Old November 21st, 2004, 01:50 AM
Alwaysfishking

Default Last Trip out

Well it might be tomorrow morning. Dave V is meeting me at 5 a.m and we are
heading to the bigger lake over here. The temps will be in the low 30's
tomorrow morning and as I passed the lake on the way home I saw small
patches of ice floating. Can't imagine the water will stay soft for long,
but as long as I can get a boat out, I'll fish a bit more. The only bright
side to it all is I might get a day out with Doc in Florida in a few short
weeks. Would be a nice way to cap an awesome fishing year. God if it wasn't
for Football, winter would really suck.. I'm taking Rich Z's advice this
year..I will not drill holes.... I will not drill holes....

Old November 21st, 2004, 02:28 AM
RichZ

Alwaysfishking wrote:
I'm taking Rich Z's advice this
year..I will not drill holes.... I will not drill holes....

Went out with a buddy on Mudge today. Water was 43. air about the same.
I got the first fish on a black 3/4 oz jig. Jim got the next 2 -- a
4-1/2 pounder ad a 3-1/2 pounder. Then I switched to a T-rigged Ozmo and
got a couple, back to a jig, and got a couple more, and finally to the
Drop Shot, and got a 5-1/2 pounder. I played with the DS for the rest of
the day and caught 1-1/2 to 2 pound fish, while Jim got bit fewer times,
but caught bigger fish sticking with the jig. I ended up with 10 and my
best 5 went a bit under 15, which included the 5.5. Jim only got 8, but
he only had 2 under 3 pounds, and would have had 17-1/2 pounds or there
abouts.

Absolutely great day to be on the water. Calm with a light drizzle and
not all that cold.

Here's my best for the day.

http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/mudge11_20/5.jpg

Old November 21st, 2004, 06:06 AM
Marty

"Alwaysfishking" wrote in message
God if it wasn't
for Football, winter would really suck.. I'm taking Rich Z's advice this
year..I will not drill holes.... I will not drill holes....

Actually, even with football, which I love, winter has, does and always
will, suck. I don't drill holes either. :-)

Old November 21st, 2004, 10:06 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:28:00 -0500, RichZ
sent into the ether:

Alwaysfishking wrote:
[...]

Nice!!

Remove the x for e-mail reply