Kids and fishing

Old June 1st, 2007, 02:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Default Kids and fishing

I'm entering my 9 year old Grand daughter in a "kids" fishing tournament
Saturday. The City released 8,000 lbs of bass and catfish in the city
park lake for kids to fish it Saturday. Anyone every been to one of
these ? I really don't have a clue about what we are going to be doing
or how all this works.

By the way, over at Secret Weapon they are giving away free products
every month to three lucky subscribers of the Secret Weapon Intel
Briefing eNewsletter. The June drawing is tomorrow, so there's still
time for folks to get their name in the hat. And as long as they stay
subscribed, they're in the running every month.

If you like Joe's baits, it's a chance for some free ones,, good info in
the news letter so you win, even if you don't win the baits
--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic tackle company

http://spectastictackle.com/
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

Rodney, the county we live in has a kids "fishing derby" every year and I
have taken the kids to a couple of them. They always have a presentation by
a DNR officer covering conservation and the fun of fishing, then turn the
kids loose with free bait and equipment for those that need it. None of the
kids gets left out.
The prizes range from fishing equipment, to t-shirts and gift certificates
for all age groups,boys and girls. The kids all seem to love it and it is a
great way to reach the parents as well and get more of them involved in
taking a kid fishing.
Have fun and take some wiggle rigs with you !

Old June 1st, 2007, 03:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Bass_Mr. wrote:
Rodney, the county we live in has a kids "fishing derby" every year and I
have taken the kids to a couple of them. They always have a presentation by
a DNR officer covering conservation and the fun of fishing, then turn the
kids loose with free bait and equipment for those that need it. None of the
kids gets left out.
The prizes range from fishing equipment, to t-shirts and gift certificates
for all age groups,boys and girls. The kids all seem to love it and it is a
great way to reach the parents as well and get more of them involved in
taking a kid fishing.

So it's really not a tournament,, I think she will have fun anyway, we
are going to give it a shot
--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic tackle company

http://spectastictackle.com/
Old June 1st, 2007, 07:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John

Took eight year old #2 grandson last month to Vancouver's Kleinline pond
kids day. It costs $5 and advanced day registration was required where they
gave you a time to show up. They had strung floating nets throughout the
swimming area which had thousands of trout dumped in over night. Starting at
8:00AM and on the hour to 4:00 PM they turned loose 200 kids per hour. Each
kid was given a T shirt, Zebco rod and reel, line, bobber, weight, and lots
of Power bait. Each kid had 45 minutes to catch up to two trout. Parents
could only help bait the hooks and take off the trout. You could not use
any personal tackle - including Wiggle Rigsgroan

There was food tents, US Army recruiters, Fish and Game staff, volunteers,
lifeguards, fishing stores and lots of happy, excited kids. I was surprised
just how well it was organized and how smooth it ran. When the fat lady
blew the whistle on the air horn at 45 minutes after the hour, people
streamed back on the bank and when she blew the whistle and yelled "Start
Fishing" a new hoard ran to the fishing area and started casting.

You all should have a good time.
Good luck!
John
..