OT Disenfranchised North Carolinians

Old December 31st, 2003, 04:20 AM
Ken Fortenberry

Default OT Disenfranchised North Carolinians

Take a look at the Federal Register

http://www.archives.gov/federal_regi...vote_2000.html

and you will see that the Green Party was "omitted" from the
official tally in Georgia, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota
and Wyoming.

Being disenfranchised after the "vote", which is apparently what
happened in North Carolina, should give all of us the heebie-jeebies.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 31st, 2003, 04:57 AM
a-happy-up-yours

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Take a look at the Federal Register

http://www.archives.gov/federal_regi...vote_2000.html

and you will see that the Green Party was "omitted" from the
official tally in Georgia, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota
and Wyoming.

Being disenfranchised after the "vote", which is apparently what
happened in North Carolina, should give all of us the heebie-jeebies.

As I understand it, NC Statutes currently require a petition of at least
60,000 registered voters to constitute a "third party" and afford a
"third party" candidate a place on the ballot.

I also believe this is a "left-over" from the days of Democratic Party
rule in NC when similar numbers were used to suppress Republican voters.

While I don't have a specific numeric preference, I'd like to see this
relaxed to the point that any group, (2 or more voters) wishing to
form/constitute a party anywhere within the visible spectrum should be
able to do so without interference. For example, hot-pink or mauve
might be the next rave, needing only a popular slogan and a few bucks to
satisfy the Secretary of State.

Being ever-so mindful of political correctness in these restless times,
I wonder if "party-colors" outside the visible spectrum should be
excluded. For example, I *do* have a preference for near-infrared.
Should I feel disenfranchised if *that* is not allowed.

Wondering and deeply concerned in NC.......well, sorta..

Tom

Old December 31st, 2003, 06:15 AM
Lennie Richardson

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
y.com...
Take a look at the Federal Register

http://www.archives.gov/federal_regi...ular_vote_2000
..html

and you will see that the Green Party was "omitted" from the
official tally in Georgia, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota
and Wyoming.

Being disenfranchised after the "vote", which is apparently what
happened in North Carolina, should give all of us the heebie-jeebies.

--
Ken Fortenberry

I voted for Wavy Gravy and my next door neighbor.

Old December 31st, 2003, 10:26 AM
Big Dale

Lennie wrote:I voted for Wavy Gravy and my next door neighbor.

I see where Kinky Friedman is running for governor of Texas and has
endorsements from both President George Bush and Molly Ivins. I think I can see
the need for a bumper sticker for the new Hemi.

Big Dale
Old December 31st, 2003, 05:01 PM
Lennie Richardson

"Big Dale" wrote in message
Lennie wrote:I voted for Wavy Gravy and my next door neighbor.

I see where Kinky Friedman is running for governor of Texas and has
endorsements from both President George Bush and Molly Ivins. I think I

can see
the need for a bumper sticker for the new Hemi.

Big Dale

kewchie!
kewchie!
kewchie!

waitriss!

when a jewish cowboy gets elected governor of texas, THAT's diversity.