Anhinga C&K (smaller photo)

Old March 13th, 2007, 12:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

Default Anhinga C&K (smaller photo)

Anhinga eating breakfast in the Everglades. I posted a larger version of this
but it didn't show up on my server.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PSIG-DS2_0833.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	214
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Charlie Choc wrote:
Anhinga eating breakfast in the Everglades. I posted a larger version of this
but it didn't show up on my server.

both are on mine. really, really nice work charlie. which camera were
you using?

jeff
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:51:12 -0400, jeff wrote:

Charlie Choc wrote:
Anhinga eating breakfast in the Everglades. I posted a larger version of this
but it didn't show up on my server.

both are on mine. really, really nice work charlie. which camera were
you using?

Thanks. This was my D200 and Nikkor 80-400mm VR lens.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Musashi

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
Anhinga eating breakfast in the Everglades. I posted a larger version of

this
but it didn't show up on my server.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Can you identify what the bird is eating?
It has a fin structure like a southeast asian walking catfish.
Any more photos which show the fish being eaten?
Thank you

Old March 13th, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:28:58 GMT, "Musashi" wrote:

Can you identify what the bird is eating?
It has a fin structure like a southeast asian walking catfish.
Any more photos which show the fish being eaten?
Thank you

None that show any more detail of the fish. I wouldn't be surprised if it's what
you suggest, they are present in the Everglades.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

The Everglades have a major problem with a wide range of introduced
plant and animal species. One of the newest and most dramatic is the
Burmese Python http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9600151

They were/are released by pet owners when the snakes become too big and
troublesome to take care of(there is no market for BIG pythons). It
appears that they are now effectively breeding in the everglades.

It was cool fishing from a kayak with alligators swimming around. A
little intimidating at first, but we got used to it pretty quick. The
ones you have to watch out for are the ones that people feed. Feeding
chickens to wild alligators seemed like a relatively common (and stupid)
thing to do. I caught a number of different Cichlids like the ones I
used to keep in my aquarium. I also caught some Tilapia. There was one
spot I was fishing where it was like bluegill fishing, one on almost
every cast.

I also posted a pic of Choc with a Bass he caught in one of the clear
water gravel pits.

Willi

Old March 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:35:34 -0600, Willi wrote:

It was cool fishing from a kayak with alligators swimming around. A
little intimidating at first, but we got used to it pretty quick. The
ones you have to watch out for are the ones that people feed. Feeding
chickens to wild alligators seemed like a relatively common (and stupid)
thing to do. I caught a number of different Cichlids like the ones I
used to keep in my aquarium. I also caught some Tilapia. There was one
spot I was fishing where it was like bluegill fishing, one on almost
every cast.

Yeah, next time I'm bringing some bass and bream flies as well as all the
sal****er ones we had. The bass did seem to like the Deceiver, though.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com