Accessories -where will it end.

Old January 25th, 2005, 06:31 AM
B J Conner

Default Accessories -where will it end.

Every catalogue season I find things I can live without and some things I
can't imagine anyone using.
The high point this year ( maby in several years) is from the Fly Shop in
Redding, A comb for you strike indicators! Does any body need one?
It could have multiple uses for instance combing the salmon flies out of
your beard, starting conversations, what else?.
http://www.theflyshop.com/86.htm
Look down the page.

Old January 25th, 2005, 06:51 AM
JR

B J Conner wrote:

The high point this year ( maby in several years) is from the Fly Shop in
Redding, A comb for you strike indicators! Does any body need one?

Does it come with a tool to clean the comb?

Old January 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
asadi

....and how many here will say nothing, for that would admit experience with
a fine toothed comb...

john

Old January 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Conan the Librarian

B J Conner wrote:

Every catalogue season I find things I can live without and some things I
can't imagine anyone using.
The high point this year ( maby in several years) is from the Fly Shop in
Redding, A comb for you strike indicators! Does any body need one?
It could have multiple uses for instance combing the salmon flies out of
your beard, starting conversations, what else?.
http://www.theflyshop.com/86.htm
Look down the page.

Er ... uh ... I don't know if I should admit to this, but I keep a
mustache comb in my vest for fluffing up yarn indicators. I also have a
metal dog-grooming comb on my tying station for combing out underfur, etc.

Chuck Vance (who never met a gadget he didn't like)
Old January 25th, 2005, 02:59 PM

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:51:41 -0800, JR wrote:

B J Conner wrote:

The high point this year ( maby in several years) is from the Fly Shop in
Redding, A comb for you strike indicators! Does any body need one?

Does it come with a tool to clean the comb?

And a waterproof Goretexoprene2000 XLM7 case with a Sage, Patagonia,
Abercrombie, Dolce & Gabbana... logo on it....I mean, what good is
something if you can't show off the fact that one has the good taste and
sporting sense to have spent at least 40USD for a scrap of material,
folded over and stitched with a logo...

HTH,

Old January 26th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Padishar Creel

"JR" wrote in message
Does it come with a tool to clean the comb?
-------
Now that is funny! My favorite, for some reason, is the Abel Plier/Knife
Combo for $300. I am an admitted and not in recovery gadget man, but boy
howdy, I can't image ever being rich enough to drop $300 on a set of pliers
and knife (unless it came with a 4 stroke motor)

Chris - It does some with a tooled leather case, however

Old January 26th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Mu Young Lee

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Padishar Creel wrote:
-------
Now that is funny! My favorite, for some reason, is the Abel Plier/Knife
Combo for $300. I am an admitted and not in recovery gadget man, but boy
howdy, I can't image ever being rich enough to drop $300 on a set of pliers
and knife (unless it came with a 4 stroke motor)

I unfortunately in a fit of lunacy did purchase the Abel "sal****er"
pliers as I was tired of having ordinary pliers become completely useless
after a few trips in the surf. Well guess what, my first trip to the surf
with the Abel, by the time I got home the jaws were already rusty. It was
about 3 years ago. I called Abel and got a reply along the lines of well
why'd you take it to the surf anyway?. That was the first and last Abel
product I ever bought.

Mu
.... now how about them titanium pliers from Donnmar or Van Staal? .. only
twice as expensive as the Abel ...
Old January 26th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Charlie Wilson

"asadi" wrote:
...and how many here will say nothing, for that would admit experience
with
a fine toothed comb...

What's a comb?

El pelon

Old January 26th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Wayne Knight

"Padishar Creel" wrote in message

Now that is funny! My favorite, for some reason, is the Abel Plier/Knife
Combo for $300. I am an admitted and not in recovery gadget man, but boy
howdy, I can't image ever being rich enough to drop $300 on a set of
pliers
and knife (unless it came with a 4 stroke motor)

It's only money and it's not like you can take it with you when you go.

Not that the pliers are that great anyway, they're useless for pinching
barbs on small flies. I carry mine in my tackle bag but can't remember the
last time I used it. The knife is very good, but not $70 better than a
Gerber.

The key to getting those gadgets Chris to to attend conservation auctions
and hope the things you want come up early before the other attendees get
too drunk to use common sense.

Old January 26th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Wolfgang

"Charlie Wilson" wrote in message

What's a comb?

That's the part the rooster uses to get to what the rooster wants to use the
part the rooster wants to use for.

Wolfgang
cockadoodledoo.