I have a dream...well, big plans anyway

Old February 6th, 2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

Default I have a dream...well, big plans anyway

1) Bike week, Daytona

2) Shad fishing, NC

3) Spring clave, PA

4) Chicago Clave

5) Manistee National forest, MI

6) Optimistic RV Park, NC

1) It's going to be a little tight time wise but we are leaving in February
and will be back before bike week is even half over. We'll trailer the
Harley's till we hit warmer weather and then park the van and ride on down.
We don't need to be there for the whole thing...Heck I rode to Sturgis from
Ohio and was in town long enough to buy a t-shirt and have a beer, two hours
max. It's just something to do.....

2) Around mid March I'll be in the flatlands of North Carolina with my
camper and kayak picking Jeff's brains about how to do this shad fishing
thing...It's just one of those been there done that things I've got to have
under my belt...

3) Spring Clave... I won't be staying the whole time in PA but I intend to
show up for a few days to see some friends I haven't seen in a while.
Weather providing I'll ride the bike over, if not, I'll drive. Dave and Joel
have graciously offered to put me up in their cabin...

4) Chicago Clave...Frank the elder didn't really bite on that troll but,
I've just about sold myself. Should anyone else care to give it a try, I'm
sure Frank could give good references on streams, there's the navy pier and
other things to see....might even go to one o those interactive plays...be a
great long weekend.

5) Manistee Forest...At one of our local fly club meetings a fellow (
http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/index.cfm ) gave a talk on this area and I
am real anxious to try it along the lines of camping with kayaks...

6) I may or may not make it to the anti-clave, but I will definitely make it
here...( http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/index.cfm ). It's right smack dab
in the middle of Waldo's 2000 spring Clave (gosh, that was memorable to
me...treasure the hat) and just a great owner and location and scenery and
everything.... He's got a refurbished original log cabin with "all" the
amenities, a bunkhouse, camping spots and individual cabins and everything.
I stopped buy last year and felt if I didn't go back soon I would be leaving
out a memory I should have. A good caster could catch fish from the back
door of the log cabin...!

That covers the main things. The club has a weekend campout/fish fry at some
local blue gill lakes along with another family campout for kids and
all...several local kayak floats....one terrific stream (goat you
listening?) that just begs for getting up early, hiking and fishing hard
with a packed in shore lunch...I swear it's like a trout stream except you
are fishing for smallmouth..

And I always have the local river I can walk to...it's great for smallmouth
in the mornings or evenings and is an absolute hoot when the rock bass are
on the nest.

What's on your, you , youse guys mind?

john

Old February 6th, 2007, 07:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus

et...

http://www.optimisticrv.com/ For your info

1) It's going to be a little tight time wise but we are leaving in
February and will be back before bike week is even half over. We'll
trailer the Harley's till we hit warmer weather and then park the van and
ride on down. We don't need to be there for the whole thing...Heck I rode
to Sturgis from Ohio and was in town long enough to buy a t-shirt and have
a beer, two hours max. It's just something to do.....

2) Around mid March I'll be in the flatlands of North Carolina with my
camper and kayak picking Jeff's brains about how to do this shad fishing
thing...It's just one of those been there done that things I've got to
have under my belt...

I hope to do that in the near future, myself!

[...]

Huh? This outfit seems to be in Michigan. A short distance from the Spring
Fling, but doable, I guess?

Op

Old February 6th, 2007, 07:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Opus
Huh? This outfit seems to be in Michigan. A short distance from the
Spring Fling, but doable, I guess?

Op

Well it's about ten hours from the Spring clave so that's two
days...unless you want to drive at night. Switching drivers makes a night
drive possible....are you going to be at the spring clave? If you are, I'll
definitely plan my trip so as to be there when you are...unless that changes
your plans!

Wolf and I found a stream that you wouldn't believe...right by the road,
pretty and just chock full of little brookies...

john

Old February 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:13:28 GMT, "asadi"
wrote:

[...]

Aw, hell, when I saw the subject, I thought maybe you were forming a
announcing you were forming an exploratory committee...or Hillary had
stolen your computer...

IAC, ever given any thought to heading down south? Oh, yeah, I know
Daytona is in the southern part of the US, but just about anything south
and east of Tallahassee ain't really "the South" anymore, unless you
define "the South" as "south of Niagara Falls." There's some pretty
good fishing from Mobile to the Louisiana coast, and the folks are about
as friendly as can be. Should that be of any interest, drop us a line.

TC,
Old February 6th, 2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus

"asadi" wrote in message
. net...

"Opus
Huh? This outfit seems to be in Michigan. A short distance from the
Spring Fling, but doable, I guess?

Op

Well it's about ten hours from the Spring clave so that's two
days...unless you want to drive at night. Switching drivers makes a night
drive possible....are you going to be at the spring clave? If you are,
I'll definitely plan my trip so as to be there when you are...unless that
changes your plans!

Sadly, not this year :~^ (

Wolf and I found a stream that you wouldn't believe...right by the road,
pretty and just chock full of little brookies...

That figures. It's always Wolfgang, isn't it.

Op

john

Old February 6th, 2007, 11:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

asadi wrote:
funnin' & fishin' itinerary snipped
What's on your, you , youse guys mind?

I want to go to the Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo in Chicago
the weekend of Feb. 16. The Wisconsin trout opener is March 3
and that's always a hoot, almost always fishless, but a hoot
anyway. The Michigan trout season opens the weekend of April 28
so that sounds like a good excuse to make a trip to the Yoop.
Then the last week of May we're going to spend at Dillman's
Resort in Lac du Flambeau where Kristine will take an oil
painting class while the hound and I chase big Wisconsin muskies
and little Yooper brook trout.

After that god only knows, it'll all depend on the chemo.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

On Feb 6, 1:13 pm, "asadi" wrote:
1) Bike week, Daytona

Can't do it.....no bike.

2) Shad fishing, NC

Very tempting.....but unlikely due to several severe financial hits in
recent months, and another one possibly looming in the fall (see 6
below).

3) Spring clave, PA

Been there, done it. Beautiful country, fish-filled streams,
excellent company.....but my heart belongs to other environs.

4) Chicago Clave

This one bears closer scrutiny. A three or four day weekend romp on
or about the Wisconsin-Illinois state line would allow ample
opportunities for a wide variety of angling experiences, as well as
more urbane pursuits.

5) Manistee National forest, MI

Ah, now THIS sounds like it could be very interesting! Tell me more.

6) Optimistic RV Park, NC

Fall fishing may be entirely out of the question for me this year.
See, after looking at old family photos for the last month or two, and
drinking a bottle of wine one night, I called my sister and said,
"Hey, wanna go to Germany in September or October?"

"Sure," she replied.

Well......um.....****.

Wolfgang

Old February 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

On Feb 6, 4:46 pm, "Opus" wrote:
"asadi" wrote in message

. net...

"Opus
Huh? This outfit seems to be in Michigan. A short distance from the
Spring Fling, but doable, I guess?

Op

Well it's about ten hours from the Spring clave so that's two
days...unless you want to drive at night. Switching drivers makes a night
drive possible....are you going to be at the spring clave? If you are,
I'll definitely plan my trip so as to be there when you are...unless that
changes your plans!

Sadly, not this year :~^ (

You keep saying that, you're gonna run out of this years.

Wolf and I found a stream that you wouldn't believe...right by the road,
pretty and just chock full of little brookies...

That figures. It's always Wolfgang, isn't it.

Wasn't my fault. Everybody was palying ditch the immigrant
kid.....John was slow.

Wolfgang

Old February 7th, 2007, 03:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
oups.com...
You keep saying that, you're gonna run out of this years.

You are correct sir! I will make it up your way one day, much to your
shigrin. I'm just not one to fly and my vehicles of the last few years are
not the travelin' kind. Tax refund may improve matters a bit this year
though. I'll attempt to co-ordinate things with Jeff and John and you and
others as to the most feasible 'Clave for me. I'n thinkin' of going West,
young man, or North?

Wolf and I found a stream that you wouldn't believe...right by the
road,
pretty and just chock full of little brookies...

That figures. It's always Wolfgang, isn't it.

Wasn't my fault. Everybody was palying ditch the immigrant
kid.....John was slow.

So you won't be running for President I take it?

Op

Wolfgang

Old February 7th, 2007, 01:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Opus wrote:

I'll attempt to co-ordinate things with Jeff and John and you and
others as to the most feasible 'Clave for me. I'n thinkin' of going West,
young man, or North?

while i enjoy penns and the rapid, if i was making or suggesting a
choice (and i am), i'd choose west. ...or were you talking about west
as in graham county?