JFIADDFS flies arrived today!

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Tim Carter

Default JFIADDFS flies arrived today!

Thanks Tim for putting on this swap and thanks to all the tiers...the
anticipation of receiving them and the oohs and aahs after getting them make
it more than worthwhile!

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Tim J.

"Tim Carter" wrote...
Thanks Tim for putting on this swap . . .

Yer welcome - it was a lot of fun.

and thanks to all the tiers...the
anticipation of receiving them and the oohs and aahs after getting them make
it more than worthwhile!

I got to see them first - phttttttttt. We really have a lot of talent in this
group, present company excepted.

BTW, I have a new camera and am attempting to take the pix myself. It ain't as
easy as it looks. Once I get the distance down (about 1 1/2 - 2 inches with
a 17X or 10X macro lens), I should have the pictures to Stan for publishing in
the hall of fame.

Also BTW, because of the Columbus Day holiday, the flies to the Australia and
Canada swappers didn't go out until today, so look for those in about a week.
The UK swapper needs to send me a mailing address so I can send the flies.
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 15th, 2003, 02:30 AM
rw

Tim Carter wrote:
Thanks Tim for putting on this swap and thanks to all the tiers...the
anticipation of receiving them and the oohs and aahs after getting them make
it more than worthwhile!

Would someone please translate "JFIADDFS" for me? I guess the last two
letters stand for "fly swap." :-)

Old October 15th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Tim J.

"rw" wrote...
Tim Carter wrote:
Thanks Tim for putting on this swap and thanks to all the tiers...the
anticipation of receiving them and the oohs and aahs after getting them make
it more than worthwhile!

Would someone please translate "JFIADDFS" for me? I guess the last two
letters stand for "fly swap." :-)

The actual name is JFNLIADDFS

Joe Fleischman No Longer In Absentia Dog Days Fly Swap
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 15th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Tim Carter

I have to keep referring to google.com to remind me as well (the copy and
paste job also kept this formatting if you can see it in your reader as
purple...)

Joe Fleischman In-Absentia Dog Days Fly Swap

"rw" wrote in message
. ..

Old October 15th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Stan Gula

"Tim J." wrote in message

"Tim Carter" wrote...
Thanks Tim for putting on this swap . . .

Yer welcome - it was a lot of fun.

So, since all those long distance guys are already receiving their flies, I
guess you're holding mine for ransom?

Old October 15th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Brimbum

Tim wrote:
Thanks Tim for putting on this swap and thanks to all the tiers...the
anticipation of receiving them and the oohs and aahs after getting them make
it more than worthwhile!

I could not agree more. the flies were on the top of the stack of mail I picked
up at the post office this morning after returning from The North Carolina
Clave. I just purchased a 8.5 foot 4 piece 3 weight Temple Fork rod that will
be perfect for all those soft hackle flies. The guys at the Roadkill Roundtable
will again be very impressed when I do the "show and tell thing" at next
Saturday's meeting of The Roadkill Roundtable. I always show them the fly swap
flies and we all get to enjoy the talents of this group. I suspect I will be
tying a bunch of Warren's fly and the Sanchez foam-wing hopper tied by Paul
Williamson before next summer. I will also tie them in a more yellow color for
our local hopper hatchs and tying it in both size 10 for my beloved little 3
weight rods and size 2/0 for a larger rod and catfish.

Thanks to Tim for hosting the swap and to all of the others for their
participation as well.

Big Dale
Old October 15th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Tim J.

"Stan Gula" wrote...
"Tim J." wrote...
"Tim Carter" wrote...
Thanks Tim for putting on this swap . . .

Yer welcome - it was a lot of fun.

So, since all those long distance guys are already receiving their flies, I
guess you're holding mine for ransom?

Since I care, I wanted to make sure the flies were operational. I am in the
process of field testing your batch and will let you know how well they
function.

I can mail them or give them to you when we meet within the next few weeks -
your choice. I still hold out hope that this Saturday is not a weather-bust and
I can give them to you then.
--
TL,
Tim