small spoon flies on trout

Old April 15th, 2008, 06:02 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

Default small spoon flies on trout

On Apr 15, 9:06 am, Charlie Choc
wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:48:05 -0700 (PDT), Halfordian Golfer
wrote:

Took them for a spin,

http://www.executablerequirements.co...ril102008.html

Nice looking flies. How did you fish them? With redfish I let the fly sink and
then do a slow short strip retrieve, like a crab imitation.
--
Charlie...http://www.chocphoto.com

Exactly. Using a DT6F 10' leader tapered to 4X.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:18 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Willi Loehman

wrote:

Took them for a spin,

http://www.executablerequirements.co...ril102008.html

Nice looking flies. How did you fish them? With redfish I let the fly sink and
then do a slow short strip retrieve, like a crab imitation.

Charlie,

You know how to catch Redfish?

I'd like to do that.

Kayaks?

Times, Places????

Willi
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Willi Loehman

Halfordian Golfer wrote:
On Apr 5, 8:15 pm, Mike wrote:
On Apr 6, 3:54 am, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

Here's the first attempt on #12's.
http://www.storycardsoftware.com/images/IMG_0552.jpg
Thanks for the support Mike!
Tim

They look really attractive. If you have the action right, I have no
doubt that they will be killing flies.

TL
MC

Took them for a spin,

http://www.executablerequirements.co...ril102008.html

Your pal,

TBone

Nice flies. With the warm days we've been having the lake fishing should
be REALLY picking up.

Willi
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:57 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:18:29 -0600, Willi Loehman wrote:

You know how to catch Redfish?

I've caught a few in the Florida Gulf from my kayak and even wading. The times I
have fished for them it's been warm and they were in shallow water, tailing or
just cruising around, and I fished for them similar to the way you fish for
bonefish - although redfish don't seem as spooky to me. I've also fished for
them on the Atlantic coast near Savannah, but it's been a while. Jeff Miller has
some good fishing for them up by his place, I understand.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com