Torture?

Old February 25th, 2010, 01:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default Torture?

On 2010-02-23 22:32:35 -0500, Giles said:

On Feb 22, 7:22*pm, David LaCourse wrote:

Sources for what argument. *Read again, silly little boy, I am neither
condemning nor endorsing waterboarding.

You're a liar.

It was a civil conversation
that Steve and I and then Richard were having until you stuck your
silly looking face into something that obviously you don't understand.

You're an idiot.

And a pig.

g.

Thank you, Mr. Giles.

Dave- Hide quoted text -

Moron.

g.
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2010-02-22 16:59:33 -0500, rw sai

d:

After WWII the US convicted Japanese soldiers of war crimes and
sentenced them to very harsh penalties for waterboarding. It's tortur

e.

Perhaps. But would YOU use it if someone kidnapped your child and
wouldn't tell you where she was? Would you use it to save one of
yours? There's no pain. No lasting physical impairment. No bl

ood
.
Our own soldiers experienced it to help them survive interregation.

Would you beat, hit, bite the man that knew where your child was being
kept? Simple question, Steve. Would you sacrifice your child or

wou
ld
you waterboard the perp? Remember -- no pain, no blood, no loss of
limbs, teeth, ears, or eyes. Just a simple procedure that lasts les

that 15 seconds. Would you?

I sure as hell would. I'd use it to save YOU, never mind my own
children or loved ones. Hell, I'd use it to save any human being, a

nd
Wolfgang.

Moron.

Pig.

g.

Thank you. You're so cute when you're angry and upset. It becomes y

ou.

Really!

David

Idiot.

g.

I know. *But I am happy. *Thank you, G.

Dave

Liar.

Cretin.

g.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
John B[_2_]

"Giles" wrote in message
On Feb 23, 9:55 pm, "John B" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:56:27 -0800, "John B"

wrote:

**** all you son of a bitches....you got in info? telll me or you die!
torture is for ****s who cant pull the
trigger.....assholes....****s....pussy......sorr y *******s.....wake up
mother ****ers...

What's with the negative waves....?

TC,

I have no vague idea....there should be a breathalyzer attached to the
enter
key!

I sit humbly....

John

As well you should. After all, it's perfectly obvious that there's no
good reason on god's green earth that one can't torture.....and THEN
pull the trigger.

giles
who knows that the trouble with torture is not that it's done for the
wrong reasons.......it's that the real reasons are never acknowledged.

******************

Heck it's it 's the torture....I'm into trigger pulling...kinda makes me
hungry for a big old greasy medium rare hamburger...

john

Old February 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:55:31 -0800, "John B" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

**** all you son of a bitches....you got in info? telll me or you die!
torture is for ****s who cant pull the
trigger.....assholes....****s....pussy......sor ry *******s.....wake up
mother ****ers...

What's with the negative waves....?

TC,

I have no vague idea....there should be a breathalyzer attached to the enter
key!

I sit humbly....

John

Donald Sutherland to, IIRC, Gavin Macleod, "Kelly's Heroes"

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves..."

TC,
"Woof, woof...that's my other dog imitation...."
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Don Phillipson[_3_]

"David LaCourse" wrote in message

http://content1.clipmarks.com/conten...4-3A07CF501B7C

On 2010-02-22 16:59:33 -0500, rw said:

After WWII the US convicted Japanese soldiers of war crimes and
sentenced them to very harsh penalties for waterboarding. It's torture.

Perhaps. But would YOU use it if someone kidnapped your child and
wouldn't tell you where she was? Would you use it to save one of
yours?

Relevant book: Ted Morgan, My Battle of Algiers: a memoir
(2005). This Yale grad was conscripted into the French
army and after some weeks as a platoon commander in
the Colonial Infantry was posted to PR in Algiers shortly
before the "Battle of Algiers" of 1957 when paratrooper
general Massu searched the Algiers native quarter for
FLN conspirators. He describes several forms of torture
used (successfully) by interrogators (some of whom
killed scores of victims.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old February 25th, 2010, 07:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

On 2010-02-22 16:59:33 -0500, rw said:

After WWII the US convicted Japanese soldiers of war crimes and
sentenced them to very harsh penalties for waterboarding. It's torture.

Perhaps. But would YOU use it if someone kidnapped your child and
wouldn't tell you where she was? Would you use it to save one of
yours?

Relevant book: Ted Morgan, My Battle of Algiers: a memoir
(2005). This Yale grad was conscripted into the French
army and after some weeks as a platoon commander in
the Colonial Infantry was posted to PR in Algiers shortly
before the "Battle of Algiers" of 1957 when paratrooper
general Massu searched the Algiers native quarter for
FLN conspirators. He describes several forms of torture
used (successfully) by interrogators (some of whom
killed scores of victims.)

That whole Algeria thing worked out well for the French, didn't it? Just
think how bad it would have been if they'd had qualms about using torture.

Old February 25th, 2010, 10:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

http://content1.clipmarks.com/conten...F-B184-3A07CF5...

On 2010-02-22 16:59:33 -0500, rw said:

[...]

Cut "to the chase" for my email address.- Hide quoted text -

By order, George Washington forbade torture and killing of prisoners,
in the dourest hour of our Revolution, as he himself faced hanging if
captured, Rightwinglings don't like to be reminded of this. It is
shameful to hear Americans justifying torture of captives. Stuff
happens in war, but we need to uphold and strive to honor those humane
principles that make us different and keep in mind what's right and
what is wrong.

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/25/op...thur1.html?hpw
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Feb 25, 3:37*pm, jeff wrote:
On 2010-02-22 16:59:33 -0500, rw said:
[...]

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/25/op...hur1.html?hpw- Hide quoted text -

Amazing. These guys are some of the newest members of the torture
club. The guy I want to see dealt with is Mr Negraponte. Ive been
loosely following his "career" for years. He was first associated with
torture and murder of prisoners in Vietnam. Then he was central to the
torture ops in central America and 2+ Americans are believed to have
been tortured to death at one op he ran an an airbase in Honduras. I
believe he was also involved in the murder of some Catholic clergy
down there. And then there is Iraq.

I think he was at least championed by Cheney, but, and this is my
opinion only, I think Bush learned his history or whatever, and he was
hustled out. Hopefully we will learn the truth about this guy one day.
Pro or con.

Old February 26th, 2010, 01:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2010-02-22 16:59:33 -0500, rw said:

[...]

All of which would make eminent good sense.....if we were different
and were capable of keeping in mind what's right and what is wrong.

giles
and anyone who can do the latter is more than welcome to chime in here.