Giles: need tree update

Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Don Phillipson[_3_]

Default Giles: need tree update

"Todd" wrote in message

Inquiring minds would like an update on your trees.
How did they survive the blizzard? Not too many
broken limbs I hope?

Snow is so light that only the heaviest falls (say a foot
or more) damage trees. Ice (freezing rain) is much more
damaging, cf. the 1999 ice storm (which levelled a third
of the trees in the Adirondacks ice accumulation on trees
and electricity lines exceeded 5 inches diameter in some places.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old January 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Todd typed:

Looks like there will be no information coming
from the Condescending One. Apparently trying to
be nice to him, ****es him off even worse than normal.

You should try being nice sometime and find out. Poking someone in the ribs
doesn't qualify as being nice.
--
TL,
Tim

Old January 5th, 2011, 11:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jan 5, 11:24*am, "Tim J."
wrote:
Todd typed:

Looks like there will be no information coming
from the Condescending One. *Apparently trying to
be nice to him, ****es him off even worse than normal.

You should try being nice sometime and find out.

Great advice.....generally. And, mind you, I think that Turd CAN be
nice enough.....when it suits him.....and the Lord.....and the
pastor's wife isn't watching. But when the Lord says "SMITE!"
somebody's ass had better get smote REAL soon and REAL hard, or
there's he......um.....the dickens to be paid.

Besides, it's hardly Turd's fault that he has outstripped his
audience, ainna? I mean, how many of us can honestly claim that they
have watched two or more DVDs pertaining to something or other to do
with fish (or some sort of more or less aquatic critters, anyway) AND
spent several hours fishing a half mile of putative trout stream over
the course of a mere single lifetime?

Humbling thought.....right?

Poking someone in the ribs doesn't qualify as being nice.

Well.....um.....o.k.

TL,
Tim

g.
um.....skewering isn't like an "exact" synonym for
poking......right?

Old January 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 01/05/2011 03:46 PM, Giles wrote:
I think that Turd CAN be
nice enough

"Turd"? But I thought I was a "moron"?
I am perplexed!

t.
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jan 6, 4:44*pm, Todd wrote:
On 01/05/2011 03:46 PM, Giles wrote:

I think that Turd CAN be
nice enough

"Turd"? *But I thought I was a "moron"?
I am perplexed!

t.

Moron.

g.
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jan 6, 4:52*pm, Todd wrote:
On 01/05/2011 09:24 AM, Tim J. wrote:

*typed:

Looks like there will be no information coming
from the Condescending One. *Apparently trying to
be nice to him, ****es him off even worse than normal.

You should try being nice sometime and find out. Poking someone in the ribs
doesn't qualify as being nice.

Calling him the "Condescending One" is poking him in the
ribs? *He has made an art form of condescending, demeaning,
and degrading others. *I would have thought he would wear
the term "Condescending One" with pride. *Sort of like the
way I wear "the riddle wrapped in an enigma" with pride.
I am only funnin' him.

-T

Giles: so your hide is not four inches thick?

Moron.

g.
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 01/06/2011 05:28 PM, Giles wrote:
On Jan 6, 4:44 pm, wrote:
On 01/05/2011 03:46 PM, Giles wrote:

I think that Turd CAN be
nice enough

"Turd"? But I thought I was a "moron"?
I am perplexed!

t.

Moron.

g.

Thank you Giles.

t.
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Todd typed:
On 01/05/2011 09:24 AM, Tim J. wrote:
typed:

Looks like there will be no information coming
from the Condescending One. Apparently trying to
be nice to him, ****es him off even worse than normal.

You should try being nice sometime and find out. Poking someone in
the ribs doesn't qualify as being nice.

Calling him the "Condescending One" is poking him in the
ribs? He has made an art form of condescending, demeaning,
and degrading others. I would have thought he would wear
the term "Condescending One" with pride. Sort of like the
way I wear "the riddle wrapped in an enigma" with pride.
I am only funnin' him.

Jeez, you are thick.
--
TL,
Tim

Old January 9th, 2011, 03:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jan 8, 4:36*pm, Todd wrote:
On 01/08/2011 12:08 PM, Tim J. wrote:

Jeez, you are thick.

At times

Well, "times" cover pretty much everywhen.....ainna?

Moron.

g.