Labor Day Fishing in Canada

Old March 21st, 2005, 07:52 PM
MB

Default Labor Day Fishing in Canada

Repeat of a previous post, but a lot more straightforward - I am looking for
a place to go fishing for trophy pike over the Labor Day weekend. That is,
flying in on Friday, 9/2/05, flying home on Monday, 9/5/05. Two solid days
of fishing, it is what it is when you live in NJ and want to fish in Canada.
It is just me, one person, no wife, no friends, no kids, just me. I don't
want to be penalized for coming to fish alone and charged any sort of single
occupancy fee because I can't sell the people around me on coming to Canada,
I want to be rewarded for coming solo. I don't care about accommodations so
long as they are clean. I don't care about fancy food so long as there is
some food (and it's clean . All I care about is getting off of a plane
and getting onto a boat with a qualified guide who can put me onto trophy
pike. I'd rather not lug my entire rod, reel and tackle ensemble to Canada,
but that sounds like the norm. I'd just assume use someone else's well
maintained and condition appropriate rod, reel and tackle, but whatever. I
don't mind prop or float planes, so long as they work. I don't mind driving
the last leg of the trip, so long as it is under 3 hours of driving. I'd
rather be there fishing first thing on Saturday, 9/3, two full days, not
flying up from some overnight in-transit destination to fish 1 1/2 days.
Again, trophy pike, not looking for bass or walleye (unless I'm eating the
latter while talking about the trophy pike that I just caught). Musky are
fine, but I can catch muskies here, I'm looking for trophy pike. Time is
running out, I am not getting a lot of good responses out of these
newsgroups, just spam, junk mail and probably some viruses. I need to book
something and soon. Please help!