crankbaits

Old April 18th, 2009, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Default crankbaits

at what water temp. do you guys start using crankbaits?

Old April 20th, 2009, 01:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I use them all winter long here - one of my best baits when the water
is in the upper 40s and 50s, seldom gets colder than 45 here.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
carlos

BIG FISH 2006 wrote:
at what water temp. do you guys start using crankbaits?

As long as it's not solid.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
tntitans21399

What has been everyone's best color crackbait. I don't have any red
ones, but the more I read it seems that might be a go to color. I
have better luck with solid white and a half blue/half silver.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:47:04 -0700 (PDT), tntitans21399
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park
then wrote:

What has been everyone's best color crackbait. I don't have any red
ones, but the more I read it seems that might be a go to color. I
have better luck with solid white and a half blue/half silver.

I have had success with silver, black/red, black/white/chartruese,
grey/white, and perch.

Talk to people at bait shops/launches you use. Ya just might find out
what works in your area.

Dan
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty[_2_]

"tntitans21399" wrote in message
What has been everyone's best color crackbait. I don't have any red
ones, but the more I read it seems that might be a go to color. I
have better luck with solid white and a half blue/half silver.

I'm no expert, but over the course of many years I've seen virtually any
color work. Color isn't at the top of my priority list and I have full
confidence in carrying just two, something muted, like shad or bluegill, and
something louder, such as firetiger. I may be 100% wrong, but I have the
belief that more colors wouldn't translate into more fish. Of course, the
manufacturers would like you to carry 27 colors so that you can be prepared
with the right bait for all the conditions you might face. For those who can
make those decisions (if they even matter), I tip my hat to you.

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
at what water temp. do you guys start using crankbaits?

Pretty much all year around.

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"tntitans21399" wrote in message
What has been everyone's best color crackbait. I don't have any red
ones, but the more I read it seems that might be a go to color. I
have better luck with solid white and a half blue/half silver.

Baby bass patterns followed by ultra real shad patterns. Occasionally I do
well on red and black when fishing pea soup or an algae bloom. Once in a
great while I'll find a chartreuse and white or a fire tiger to be the
ticket, but I can't figure out the why of that one. If I am trolling real
deep (16-20 or more) I have found blue/black and blue/white to work better,
but since I rarely fish water that is over ten feet I can't put a lot of
extra experience with that.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com