TR: Bitterroot

Old April 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

Default TR: Bitterroot

Fished the Bitterroot 4 days last week. We fished sections within 20 miles
of Hamilton in each direction. The river was in amazing shape (crystal
clear) for this time of year, generally we deal with run-off conditions. The
fish were looking up to dries from about noon to 4:00 PM some days the
window was a bit shorter. Many fish were also caught running a dropper 20
inches behind the dry. I never had a need to try stripping streamers,
however reports were good using that technique. Weather was horrible, snow,
rain and wind the entire time. One day the sun came out for a bit and we
thought somehow we had been transported to a different river. I caught the
crud while I was there so we returned home a day early, my buddies didn't
feel well either and the weather was not improving. Overall the trip was
pretty good on the fishing front, sickness hampered some of the fun. We
didn't even take in a bikini contest on Thursday night at the Office Lounge.
At the same time, I can't imagine the offerings in Hamilton. MT. would have
been very good, guess I will never know.

ROFF's new wranglings have helped pass the time, I went to an Urgent Care
facility yesterday, diagnosed with pneumonia and a inner ear infection. I
don't feel to bad, but my ear is really bothering me. It's aching, feels
like I have a wad of bubble gum stuck in it and is ringing. Anyone have
suggestions to ease the pain while the antibiotics kick in?

Carry on, looks like I will be home a day or two more and need some
entertainment.

I'm looking forward to more TR's with spring/summer starting to kick in.

Tight lines,
JT

Old April 7th, 2009, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 6-Apr-2009, "JT" wrote:

[...]

Nice TR Thanks
Yes its finally spring in NW Montana but still cold as you reported
I hope to open my lake and start the breeding pumps perhaps this weekend
And Then a trip to Rock Creek perhaps the following week if the weather
stays warm
Its been a loooooooong winter

There are probably some hot women in Hamilton that you missed -It would have
warmed you up anyway

Fred
Old April 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

Default Bitterroot

"JT" wrote

. Many fish were also caught

Glad you had good fishing

Sorry you got sick ... take care of yourself

I'm looking forward to more TR's with spring/summer starting to kick in.

I'm really starting to get anxious to be on the road ... but, lot's of
family details to take care of this year before my trip. Hopefully I'll
find a few extra dumb fish to report on catching this summer

again

take care of yourself and get well

Old April 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

JT wrote:
[...]

Cowboys in bikinis ? No thanks. Not that there's anything wrong with
that. ;-)

ROFF's new wranglings have helped pass the time, I went to an Urgent Care
facility yesterday, diagnosed with pneumonia and a inner ear infection. I
don't feel to bad, but my ear is really bothering me. It's aching, feels
like I have a wad of bubble gum stuck in it and is ringing. Anyone have
suggestions to ease the pain while the antibiotics kick in?

My experience with ear infections is that the worse the infection
the less the pain. It's when it starts to get better, ie less
infected, is when the pain really kicks in. I've found that nice
size oral doses of Laphroaig can help. It doesn't really hurt less
but you're quite a bit less concerned about it. ;-)

Carry on, looks like I will be home a day or two more and need some
entertainment.

I'm looking forward to more TR's with spring/summer starting to kick in.

We had snow here most of the day yesterday and the day before. The
crocuses and daffodils have that "what the **** !" look about them
this morning. But I watched the Cardinals blow a 2 run lead in the
ninth yesterday and perused the box score in the paper this morning
so winter is now officially over ! By god, I've lived to see another
year !

Hope you get to feeling better.

--
Ken Fortenberry