New Secret Weapon spinnerbait

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris Rennert

Default New Secret Weapon spinnerbait

Hey all, Joe had built me a new secret weapon spinner bait while I was
at the NWC. This is a dual spinner blade spinner bait, but the blades
are side by side, seems to keep the bait up with less effort.
Anyway, yesterday morning I had the first real chance at using that
bait, and got on the water about 7am. I was greeted with 46 degrees and
a Northwest wind at about 15mph. I pulled up on my first spot, and in
20 minutes had 7 smallies on the spinner bait, including a 17.5 that
probably went over 3lbs. I ended up catching 13 total, but the key
seemed to be keeping the bait up above the dying weeds in about 3' of water.

Thanks SWL, one more tool in the arsenal. I also wanted to say, those
fish refused to come all the way up, I threw a zara spook and buzzbait
for a while as well and got no reaction. But running that spinner bait
just under the surface was the ticket.

Chris