Spray-in-liner?

Old March 28th, 2006, 07:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Spray-in-liner?

I am currently removing the carpet from my boat. Considering a spray-in
liner. Anyone have any experience/recommendations?

Thanks,
Bill
Luling, Louisiana
Old March 28th, 2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Bill" wrote in message
I am currently removing the carpet from my boat. Considering a spray-in
liner. Anyone have any experience/recommendations?

I haven't any experience with the spray-in liners, but I did my own truck
bed with the roll-on Herculiner. It has proven to be very durable and quite
a bit less expensive than the spray-on type.

I would think that a spray-in might be better for getting into those nooks
and crannies over a roll/brush-on type of covering. I would worry a little
about getting it sprayed on too thick and adding excessive weight.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 29th, 2006, 01:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:56:50 GMT, Bill sent into
the ether:

I am currently removing the carpet from my boat. Considering a spray-in
liner. Anyone have any experience/recommendations?

Thanks,
Bill
Luling, Louisiana

Bill,
Here is a question I would have. How is the liner for footing when
wet with water or fish slime?

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it! (That is what my X-wife told me)

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old March 29th, 2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I recommend Line-X. When I bought my pickup, lining the bed was the first
thing I did. The surface is durable, and it is guaranteed against damage. If
it ever fails in normal use, the company will repair the damage at no cost
to me.

I've seen it in one aluminum boat, and it looked like a perfect solution.
The surface is probably a bit more slippery than carpet, but it's better
than bare aluminum, fiberglass, or painted surfaces. A buddy of mine had the
entire interior of his old Jeep CJ-7 lined in it, too.

I think it's better than the other spray-on surfaces.

Joe

Old March 29th, 2006, 02:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Nope. It lives with me now. Doc

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
Joe, do you still have the ODF?

Old March 29th, 2006, 09:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Thanks for the replies. I have had the Line-X in two different pickup
beds and I agree that it is a great bed liner. I find it a bit slippery
expecially when wet, not sure that it would be a good liner for a boat.

I was considering Rhino Liner, it is a fairly soft rubber and may afford
more traction when wet. Not sure about this theory, I have no experience
with the Rhino Liner.

Thanks,
Bill