My new rig is ordered!!!

Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default My new rig is ordered!!!

Well, it has happened!!!

I'm getting the FastCat C20. After talking with a couple other boat
manufacturers, as well as other FastCat owners, I've decided to take the
next step and get one of the little rascals.

After talking with Jerry, the president of the company, I am now the
Wisconsin sales rep for Fast Cat Marine and there's talk of more to come in
the not too distant future!

The FastCat owners that I've talked to have been more than impressed with
the fishability, as well as it's rough water capability. I've been told
that the storage is huge, which I need, and that they're a very comfortable,
dry riding and FAST boat.

We'll find out more when I get down to Miami later this month to meet with
the owners of the company and to drive these little rascals. There's one
boat down there that has twin 300 hp Merc's on the back and they're going to
let me drive it!!! I've been told that they've hit 118 mph with it. That's
something I've always wanted to do with a boat, drive into the triple digits
and now I'm going to do it. How cool is that?

I'm getting the boat rigged with a fair amount of cool stuff, a Merc 250 XS,
Lenco Trim Tabs, stereo and all the other goodies as well. The list of
goodies is fairly extensive and I'm getting the trailer upgrade as well,
seeing's I put a lot of miles on a trailer.

With some reservation, I'm putting a MotorGuide 105 pound thrust, 36 volt
trolling motor on it as well, the digital model with depth track, shore
track and that kind of stuff. I don't know if this is a good thing, but no
one responded here or on the other locations that I posed the question, so I
called a couple of service centers for MotorGuide.

The report that I got was that this series of motors is doing very well but
they all cautioned me that the more complex the motor is, the more likely it
is to have something go wrong. I knew that before I ever picked up the
phone! Both places said that they haven't been seeing them come in for
repair for the same thing consistently, and that a lot of engineering had
gone into upgrading the systems after MotorGuide bought PinPoint Trolling
Motors. I loved my PinPoints, so hopefully this new TM will be as good or
better.

So now it's fly to Miami, run the boats and see what color I want to have
them build the boat in.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
Well, it has happened!!!

I'm getting the FastCat C20.

Congrats. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new rig.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"RichZ" wrote in message
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
Well, it has happened!!!

I'm getting the FastCat C20.

Congrats. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new rig.

Thanks Rich, so when are you coming west? I'll take you out in it and show
you some smallmouth water.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Sounds pretty cool Steve, I hope I get to see it someday.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"RATMAN" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sounds pretty cool Steve, I hope I get to see it someday.

Well, come on down for the Southern Classic, I'll have it by then. Or, you
could come to the Northwoods Classic too.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 03:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

That sounds way cool Steve !
Blow the horn and floor it !
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message news

oups.com...

Old February 3rd, 2006, 03:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...
Well, it has happened!!!

I'm getting the FastCat C20. After talking with a couple other boat
manufacturers, as well as other FastCat owners, I've decided to take the
next step and get one of the little rascals.

Oh, man. I'm gonna have to come up that way now to try and talk you into a
ride. I looked at that boat when I was looking for a new boat.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old February 3rd, 2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Congratulations on both the new boat & the additional job being the
Wisconsin sales rep. for FastCat. Now you will have something to keep you
busy when your other 25 or 30 jobs leave you bored & with idle time on your
hands.

:-) Bob

Old February 3rd, 2006, 04:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message
t...
Congratulations on both the new boat & the additional job being the
Wisconsin sales rep. for FastCat. Now you will have something to keep you
busy when your other 25 or 30 jobs leave you bored & with idle time on
your
hands.

Yeah, I know, just what I needed was another job. Now, I can add sales rep
to the resume of firefighter/emt/haz-mat tech, guide, rod builder, writer,
editor, website support, television producer, show host, husband, father,
and grandfather.....

I figure this should be a no-brainer for me. People were always stopping
and talking to me about my Cobra, now I'll just have another reason to chat
with them. A Fast Cat owner I talked to in Ohio told me to plan an
additional 15-20 minutes each time I fuel the boat! :-)