trolling motor

Old October 31st, 2007, 12:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Default trolling motor

fishtale wrote:
Will search side mount. A further question is can I fully charge the
battery via solar. My catch rate is good but lookin to improve it next
season.

Sure you can, Al.

If you want to fish once a season and charge the battery for the rest of
the season.
Old October 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

Is there a fast charge battery for a trolling motor. Solar is out. My
second thought is to charge using portable generator.
Thanks

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"fishtale" wrote in message
ups.com...

Plonk!

LOL.

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
fishtale wrote:
On Oct 29, 8:12 pm, wrote:
That all depends on the style and make of the motor you are going to
buy.
Also, if this boat is like a small row/john boat, you can attach a
transom
mount on the side of the boat and still control it by the handle.

Maxhttp://www.anglingadventures.infohttp://www.e-z-travel.net

Yes it is a small boat with a motor on the back. I need to find a
place to install a trolling motor. I looked for pictures on the web.
Will search side mount. A further question is can I fully charge the
battery via solar.

Sure,,a standard solar charger will fully charge a 12 volt battery in
about 14 days,, if the sun is bright

What is a "standard" solar charger. I've got 60 watt panels in the shop I
use for remote applications, model home alarms before power gets turned on,
mobile offices, and I plan to put one on my toy hauler (with a charge
controller) to keep the battery charged, etc etc....

I have considered putting three of them on the back deck of the cat to keep
my batteries charged on weekend outings or to camp out on the river. At
4.5+ amps each it should work just fine I imagine. Put a small one/two man
dome tent on the front deck to keep the skeeters off and I could do
overnighters quite comfortably without worry about batteries. If I wasn't
worried about breaking them from flexing and pounding while running I'ld
consider putting up a bimini style frame and mounting them semi permanently.

(They ain't cheap though)

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old October 31st, 2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Bob La Londe wrote:

Sure,,a standard solar charger will fully charge a 12 volt battery in
about 14 days,, if the sun is bright

What is a "standard" solar charger. I've got 60 watt panels in the shop I
use for remote applications, model home alarms before power gets turned on,
mobile offices, and I plan to put one on my toy hauler (with a charge
controller) to keep the battery charged, etc etc....

Most I have seen have a max output (under the bright sun) of 2 Amps (24
watts) for charging 12 volt batteries, and these are expensive, You
won't get that 2 amps but maybe 5 hours of a very sunny day. they are
mainly used to "maintain" a fully charged battery, as we know, all
batteries loose some of their charge just sitting around, these chargers
keep the battery at peak, even after months of non use

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Jajwuth, I imagine you've already considered this idea: Attach a paddle
wheel to the shaft of a small generator and bolt it on the side of your jon
boat. Whenever you use your trolling motor to move the boat, the paddle
wheel will turn and the generator will charge the battery. That way you'll
never run low on electricity.

I can't take credit for this idea. I owe my new understanding of energy
issues and science to my fellow Tennessean, Al Gore. After carefully
studying his doctrines, I realized my best course was to forget everything
I'd learned while earning my degree in Botany. I did that, and now answers
to complex energy and technology issues come very easily to me.

Joe
-------------------------
ups.com...

Old November 1st, 2007, 10:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Guy Anderson, Sr.

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:20:10 -0500, Rodney Long
wrote:

I see you don't know the asker of the question :-)

You are absolutely correct, sir!! I just started back reading ROFB
after a long absence--thanks for clueing me in . I have already
ploinked him, as I once did "Al".
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

wrote:

I see you don't know the asker of the question :-)

You are absolutely correct, sir!! I just started back reading ROFB
after a long absence--thanks for clueing me in . I have already
ploinked him, as I once did "Al".

That """is""" Al, he just changed his name

Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Default trolling motor (Guy)

(Guy*Anderson,*Sr.)

You are absolutely correct, sir!! I just started back reading ROFB after
a long absence--thanks for clueing me in . I have already ploinked him,
as I once did "Al".

=======

Good to "see" you again Guy!

I still have that picture you sent me of the Hall's Hill bridge over the
Stones River...I had it enlarged and framed, and gave copies to my
brothers and sisters!

You still in west Tennessee?

John B