OK, who did it........

Old February 19th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Dave LaCourse

Default OK, who did it........

I received Jim Enger's "The Incompleat Angler - A Fly Fishing Odyssey" in the
mail today. No one in my family or my local fly fishing (Lakewood) friends
sent it, so it's gotta be someone on ROFF.

Who ever you are, thank you. I am familiar with Enger's writing in "Fly Rod and
Reel", and "Fly Fisherman". I will enjoy this read, so, again, thank you
whomever you are.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old February 19th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Wayne Knight

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
I received Jim Enger's "The Incompleat Angler - A Fly Fishing Odyssey" in

the
mail today. No one in my family or my local fly fishing (Lakewood)

friends
sent it, so it's gotta be someone on ROFF.

I didn't send it but tis a good read from a good Michigan writer/flyfisher.

Old February 20th, 2004, 02:05 AM
snakefiddler

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
I received Jim Enger's "The Incompleat Angler - A Fly Fishing Odyssey" in

the
mail today. No one in my family or my local fly fishing (Lakewood)

friends
sent it, so it's gotta be someone on ROFF.

Who ever you are, thank you. I am familiar with Enger's writing in "Fly

Rod and
Reel", and "Fly Fisherman". I will enjoy this read, so, again, thank you
whomever you are.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Maybe we have a book fairy on ROFF. Let's see, my dream book would be
Appalachia on Our Minds by Henry Shapiro....

Snakefiddler- bipitty-boppity-boo..
(one can only wish)

Old February 20th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Wayne Knight

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/...L?bi=167746970

Old February 20th, 2004, 03:54 AM
snakefiddler

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message

"snakefiddler" wrote in message

Maybe we have a book fairy on ROFF. Let's see, my dream book would be
Appalachia on Our Minds by Henry Shapiro....

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/...L?bi=167746970

Thanks Wayne-
best price I have seen on it yet...

-Snake

Old February 20th, 2004, 05:11 AM
B J Conner

It was someone who thought you could read. That would eliminate most of
Roff from the list of usual suspects.

Old February 20th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Dave LaCourse

BJ writes:

It was someone who thought you could read. That would eliminate most of
Roff from the list of usual suspects.

Wow. Between you and Tom L. I am taking some **** today. Not to fear,
however. The book does have illustrations, so I'll be ok.

Old February 20th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Jeff Miller

dave - based on bj's typical manner of saying things, i think he's
talking about the rest of us, not you.

jeff (...and, it wasn't me, i don't know how to address mail)

Old February 20th, 2004, 02:00 PM
JR

Dave LaCourse wrote:

Who ever you are, thank you. I am familiar with Enger's writing in "Fly Rod and
Reel", and "Fly Fisherman". I will enjoy this read, so, again, thank you
whomever you are.

Dave,

I don't remember sending it, but then again, my memory these days is
shot all to hell. It is just the sort of nice, thoughtful thing I
*would* do, however.... just like me....., so it probably was me,
although, no offense, but I have a feeling, just the shadow of an
inkling, that if it was me, it probably wasn't you I meant to send it
too...... I'm so confused lately. Anyhow, just to be sure, when you
finish reading it, please return it to me, 'cause it sounds like a great
book, and I'd like to read it (if I haven't already, that is), and maybe
seeing it (again?) will jog the
old synapses and I can send it on to the rightful recipient.

JR
(BTW did you get the Audi I sent?)
Old February 20th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Tim J.

"JR" wrote...
Dave LaCourse wrote:
[...]

Now, *that's* funny. POTW material.

Did you also send him a good-looking blonde?
--
TL,
Tim