Place Your Bets!

Old April 16th, 2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Place Your Bets!

You can see this years Mid-Tenn Classic roster he
http://www.midtennclassic.org/roster.htm for an updated list of contestants.

Who has what it takes to win this tournament?

Justin and I have fished here together a couple of times and we know the
lake fairly well.
Joe's been here a time or two himself.
I'm awaiting secret instructions from my good friend Jack Dalzell who has
won a tourny or two on the lake.

But with that in mind... I'm going to hand the first place off to someone
who has never seen the lake! Why? Because that's how these ROFB events are!
Here's how I see it.

Charles (me) will be too busy laughing to catch anything decent.
Justin will get into his tournament mode and while catching a limit... will
forget what time weigh in is.
Steve will be too busy playing with that purty new boat if his.
Joe H. will also weigh in a limit, but will come within a fraction of the
actual first place finish.
Sean Barton will have an awful hangover on day two, but you never know about
those damn Michigan boys.
Jerry Barton, well... he's another Michigan boy AND knows my secret baits
and places.
Randy Lisk will prevent any of the second place spots from being filled.

But, coming out from left field is Pat Gustafson to seal the overall win
with one fish that will shatter any and all rofb records.

There's mine... what's your predictions?

Old April 16th, 2006, 03:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I predict a lot of beer wil be drunk, a ton of laughing will be done, and
firends not giving a damn about who won, just that we got together again and
the old friends showed up. I love the fact that I get to be picked as a
non-boater again so that I can possibly fish with some old friends such as
my adopted son, Charles. I can't wait until we're all together again, I just
wish that a lot of the guys on this group could make the get together one
time to find out how much enjoyment there is among this group. See you guys
in a couple of days.

Old April 16th, 2006, 03:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Looks like our boater/non boater ratio worked out great!

news:zL6dna61OIGWOtzZnZ2dnUVZ_v6dnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Old April 16th, 2006, 03:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Ok, I don't think I can beat Charles here on this post...I'm still
laughing!!!

Maybe I'll need to leave my watch on eastern time; then when 3pm comes
on my watch go to weigh-in. That way I won't be late! LOL

Here's how I see it going: (By the way I am sticking to the weights I
posted earlier.

Day one: First Place team: 10lbs 9oz

First place angler: Tim "Wermieernie" with his new plastics these fish
haven't seen yet. Weight of 6lbs 10oz

Second place team: 8lbs 14oz

Second Place angler: Joe "TNBASS" 5lbs 11oz (He'll take what he learned
from me, but keep his cool and catch all the keepers that bite, on his
SWL BlueGill color spinner.

Third place team: 8lbs 10oz

Third Place angler: Charles "BassPro" 5lbs 3oz (He'll take what he
learned from me, and all the info. he has been gathering. He'll fish I
know what and color, but give up quick on it. He'll change up to a
Berkley RedShad worm, and fish his favorite spot.

Fourth Place angler: Jerry Barton. He'll fish what he knows about
Charles places and baits on pratice, but will find something better for
tournament day. Weight 5lbs 1oz

Fifth Place angler: Justin "SWL" Hires (Me I'll pratice all week, fish
all kinds of baits, and have all kinds of patterns going. But, on
tournament day, (after thinking about it all night long, will have a
brain freeze, and won't know which pattern to run and end up wasting my
time on the water) Weight 4lbs 7oz

From there down the rest will weigh-in all close weight. No one will

come in empty handed.

Day two: First Place team: 11lbs 6oz

First Place angler: Steve Huber (After the first day of fun with the
new boat, he'll focus on fishing. Weight 7lbs 4oz with Big fish for the
tournament with a 5lb 12oz LM.

Second Place team: 9lbs 2oz

Second Place angler: Justin (Me) (After racking my brain on day one,
I'll go back to my basics and stick to one pattern.
Weight: 6lbs 13oz.

Third Place team: 7lbs 10oz

Third Place angler: Pat Gustafson (After day one he'll figure the lake
out) Weight: 6lbs 10oz

Fourth Place angler: Randy "Alwaysfishking" Weight: 6lbs 6oz

Fifth Place angler: Charles "BassPro" 5lbs 1oz (He will fish the same
spot and catch two fish on his Berkley worm)

One angler on Day Two will come up empty handed. Not because they
didn't have a keeper hit, but will have missed the BIG ONE a 8 to 9lb
LM.

There ya go folks...

Can't wait to get down there, and see everyone again!! This should
prove to be the BEST CLASSIC EVER!!

-Justin

Old April 16th, 2006, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Charles, you should know better, I don't get hangovers, I have "off days".
If we've learned nothing it should be never count anyone out, hell I've won,
it can't be skill!!! Truth be told, I don't care if I win, lose, never
catch a fish, it's hanging out with the guys that......blah blah
blah..........you're all going down, there will be a repeat champ for the
first time in ROFB history!!!

Old April 16th, 2006, 04:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Interesting...We'll see :-)
--
Chris S
Replace com with net to e-mail

Old April 16th, 2006, 06:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Trash talk, eh? LOL

I'm going down all right... all the way down the aisle to pick up my trophy!
Then back down to wish you, and your little dog too, luck NEXT year!!!
Remember... I know a secret!

Best of luck to ye, Sean!

(Now where's that Fishing 101 book I had around here?)

Old April 16th, 2006, 06:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I can't remember... did Heavy drop out?

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
news:C7idnaHwfLJ1MtzZnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
It looks like 9 to 8 to me?