No TR TR

Old April 1st, 2007, 03:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Default No TR TR

Here in Minneapolis enjoying a single malt before dinner and
watching my Cardinals on the tube (with frequent channel changes
to watch the Final Four ;-).

I see His Loony Mikeness has fired up his sockpuppets again,
what a hoot.

Damn good Fly Fishing Expo here and very well attended, I didn't
get a chance to fish on the way up, spring has not yet come to
Minnesota, unlike Urbana. When I crossed the Mississippi at
LaCrosse I saw hunks of off-white, mineral-streaked ice clinging
improbably to the limestone cliffs like the old smoker's lone
remaining tooth. And it was 42F and raining. I did stop and look
at a trout stream but didn't wet a line.

Took a fly tying class with Bill Sherer and tied up some wicked
large creations that are supposed to catch Musky. I thought I
might follow His Loony Mikeness' advice and try to heave them with
my 3wt but settled instead for test casting several 9' 9wts. The
one I finally bought is fast, *WAY* fast, but it does feel real
nice in the hand and I was able to lay out 85-90 ft without a haul.
Sweeeeeeeeet.

OK ... short hiatus. I had a brain fart and left the PowerBook's
power cord at home. When the battery ran out I finished my Scotch,
had dinner at Friday's, (it was lame but the restaurant here at
the Sheraton is lamer and more expensive), then went over to Mall
of America to buy a new power cord. GODDAMN ! that's a big friggin'
shopping mall !!

So I'm back home, the UCLA-Florida game is at halftime and I'm
gonna sit here, have another Laphroaig and tie up some Musky
flies.

I still haven't decided whether I'm gonna try to fish on the way
back to Urbana but the weather is awful nasty and I'm leaning
towards blowing it off.

Later boyos, and Wayno, I didn't believe your bull**** about never
drinking a $30 bottle of wine but I sent you that Ferrari just in
case. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 1st, 2007, 12:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:06:10 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Later boyos, and Wayno, I didn't believe your bull**** about never
drinking a $30 bottle of wine but I sent you that Ferrari just in
case. ;-)

One of the sockpuppets thought you sent him a *picture* of a Ferrari.

And only assholes drink Leepfrog!

Old April 1st, 2007, 12:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Later boyos, and Wayno, I didn't believe your bull**** about never
drinking a $30 bottle of wine but I sent you that Ferrari just in
case. ;-)

One of the sockpuppets thought you sent him a *picture* of a Ferrari.

And only assholes drink Leepfrog!

I wouldn't expect His Loony Mikeness to know much about
California wines but when has a lack of knowledge ever
stopped him from posting his babble here ? LOL !

Well, I drink Laphroaig and I'm an asshole, so maybe you
have something there. Maybe it's something in that Islay
peat. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 1st, 2007, 01:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Later boyos, and Wayno, I didn't believe your bull**** about never
drinking a $30 bottle of wine but I sent you that Ferrari just in
case. ;-)

Hell, I'm hoping you "inspired" him!
Tom
p.s. Wayno, a quick perusal of the on-hand supply at
Chez Littleton reveals an overabundance of reds of all
types, with only 4 whites on hand. Use your personal
judgement, and forward a white wine of your choice
up to the Mason Dixon line(and about 60 miles beyond)

Old April 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Nomen Nescio wrote:
Heh heh.... What do you get if you compress a Fortenberry?

A nasty whine!

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
"I thought I
might follow His Loony Mikeness' advice and try to heave
them with my 3wt"

You are too stupid to follow his advise.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither
cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample
them under their feet.

Anonyma wrote:
Distilling Fortenberries produces a mean spirit.

Hey Ken, You don't just have a stalker, you have (at least)
four of them!!!

Got to say, even if most of them are imaginary, I'm jealous as
all heck.

- JR

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

JR wrote:
Hey Ken, You don't just have a stalker, you have (at least)
four of them!!!

Got to say, even if most of them are imaginary, I'm jealous as
all heck.

It is indeed a great honor and I am very grateful, but I would
be remiss if I didn't thank all the "little people"; my director
of stalker recruiting, Mike Connor, my director of stalker training,
Mike Connor, my assistant director in charge of Google research,
stalker division, Mike Connor and finally the Senior Vice President
of stalking operations, Mike Connor. Thank you, thank you one and
all !

--
Ken Fortenberry