Tornados all around me

Old June 12th, 2008, 03:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Default Tornados all around me

Right now, we have:
Flash Flood Warning
Flash Flood Watch
Hazardous Weather Outlook
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Severe Weather Statement
Tornado Warning
Tornado Watch

My daughter is locked in the cooler at work, her car may have severe
hail damage. A tornado hit a boy scout camp. 4 dead, 30 plus
injured. Tornado came down the highway towards my house and then
jogged north and hit Offutt AFB. Multiple tornados, much damage,
probably more deaths. I'm in the basement with my mother-in-law and
my animules. Rough night. Found a new beer, Firebrick. Pretty
good. Need more. Please send some with other care packages like
boats.
Frank Reid
Old June 12th, 2008, 03:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Frank Reid wrote:
Right now, we have:
Flash Flood Warning
Flash Flood Watch
Hazardous Weather Outlook
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Severe Weather Statement
Tornado Warning
Tornado Watch

My daughter is locked in the cooler at work, her car may have severe
hail damage. A tornado hit a boy scout camp. 4 dead, 30 plus
injured. Tornado came down the highway towards my house and then
jogged north and hit Offutt AFB. Multiple tornados, much damage,
probably more deaths. I'm in the basement with my mother-in-law and
my animules. Rough night. Found a new beer, Firebrick. Pretty
good. Need more. Please send some with other care packages like
boats.
Frank Reid

I just watched this on the news. My thoughts and prayers are with the
families of the lost, and those injred. Take care, Frank, and stay safe.
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 12th, 2008, 04:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Jun 11, 9:46*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:
Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tim. A coworker's son was at the camp. No word on his
condition. Family is on their way home from assorted places. Been a
rough night and I'm out of beer.
Frank Reid
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Frank Reid wrote:
Right now, we have:
Flash Flood Warning
Flash Flood Watch
Hazardous Weather Outlook
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Severe Weather Statement
Tornado Warning
Tornado Watch

Ok, that's it. I'm done whining about my furnace still running in the
middle of June to keep the house above 65 degrees 'cause it's so
freekin' cold here.

My daughter is locked in the cooler at work, her car may have severe
hail damage. A tornado hit a boy scout camp. 4 dead, 30 plus
injured. Tornado came down the highway towards my house and then
jogged north and hit Offutt AFB. Multiple tornados, much damage,
probably more deaths. I'm in the basement with my mother-in-law and
my animules. Rough night. Found a new beer, Firebrick. Pretty
good. Need more. Please send some with other care packages like
boats.
Frank Reid

This has been a terrible year for tornado and sever storms in the
mid-west. Stay safe Frank.

Russell
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Jun 12, 10:53*am, "Russell D." wrote:
Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

Thanks all. All is well, luckily no damage to the daughter's car.
Just a lot of trees down, power poles, power lines in the street.
Flooding is our big worry right now. We've got some moderate flooding
every where, but luckily, the state has used the exorbitant taxes to
do a VERY good job of rain water management. Add to that, we are in
rolling plains (not the pool table flat of Ohio) so we have some good
channelization. There is one idiot that built a house over the winter
at the bottom of a small valley. He had to fill in a 3 foot deep
gully before he could build (the builder even had his warning to the
home owner written down and signed by the owner). The water knocked
down the back wall of his house and flooded through his living room,
out the front door. He's whining that some one should have done
something. Oh, by the way, insurance won't pay 'cause its flood
damage. No one will listen to him except for the news spots about how
stupid he is.
Frank Reid
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Glad to here all at O.K. in the reid household.....It's a shame about
the boy scouts hope your friends kid is fine...............
Old June 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Jun 12, 10:04*pm, Mike wrote:
Glad to here all at O.K. in the reid household.....It's a shame about
the boy scouts hope your friends kid is fine...............

Well, he was supposed to be the archery instructor at the camp, but
had to pull out for a lacrosse game. Three of the boys killed were in
his troop. This town is still shocked. That being said, the stock of
the boy scouts has gone way up after the way the kids acted on their
own to help those that were injured or trapped.
The tornado came in (an EF-3), picked up a pick up truck and threw
into the chimney of the hut the kids were in. Those killed were all
hit by the falling masonry.
Frank Reid