Mass. Appeal

Old July 18th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Tim J.

Default Mass. Appeal

Well, my funny talking New England friends, at least for the moment, Wednesday
is looking like the best day out of the bunch for the coming week. That doesn't
mean it looks like a *good* day; it just looks like the *best* day. Since things
can change pretty rapidly, I'm leaving both Wed/Thu open for fishing. One of
those days should (hopefully) be decent enough for a fishing jaunt on the Swift,
although the air will be quite warm.

So. . . who is IN for this little get together? Plans must be made for
provisions (scotch, porto, etc.) and flies must be tied. I can get to the river
around 12:00 - 1:00 if anyone wants to start early and see some more water in
the lower spots, and then we could all meet up at the secret spot at 3:00-4:00
for those who can get a later start. Everyone, of course, is welcomed to partake
in some real Nor' Eastern camaraderie.
--
TL,
Tim

Old July 18th, 2004, 09:36 PM
George Adams

From: "Tim J."

So. . . who is IN for this little get together?

I'm in.

I can get to the river
around 12:00 - 1:00 if anyone wants to start early and see some more water in
the lower spots, and then we could all meet up at the secret spot at
3:00-4:00

I should be able to get there around 3:00 either day. I may have to leave about
6:30, though, depending on the day.

The good news is there are plenty of fish from the hatchery to Cady Lane, and
lokely beyond. There are fish above rte 9 aswell, for those so inclined.

The bad news, regarding the downstream fish, is that the Sulphurs appear to be
over, and those blasted tiny grey and cream midges are hatching in force, and
the trout have taken notice. I caught a bunch today on a #24 grey midge in the
Pine Pool, and an exceptionally nice rainbow at Cady Lane. All on the surface.
Word is...think small.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Old July 19th, 2004, 08:01 PM
daytripper

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:15:58 -0000, GaryM wrote:

"Tim J." wrote in news:hHxKc.109442
$a24.90129@attbi_s03:

So. . . who is IN for this little get together?

Wed, looks good for me. 3pm ETA.

I'll be trying to make it out there!

Old July 19th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Stan Gula

wrote:

"Tim J." wrote in
news:hHxKc.109442 $a24.90129@attbi_s03:

So. . . who is IN for this little get together?

Wed, looks good for me. 3pm ETA.

I'll be trying to make it out there!

I will be in the neighborhood and will try to get there, but will probably
be late. If you guys are still on the river I'll find you.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old July 19th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Tim J.

"daytripper" wrote...
GaryM wrote:
"Tim J." wrote:

So. . . who is IN for this little get together?

Wed, looks good for me. 3pm ETA.

I'll be trying to make it out there!

"Trying" is for liberal weenies. Can't you guys be committal?

So Stan and 'trip are definite maybes, and George and Gary are definite. Sounds
like a plan for Wednesday at 3:00. George and Gary can be in charge of fish
catching clinics, and I'll be in charge of camaraderie (especially if the fish a
taking teeny-tiny nymphs - I still suck at nymphing.)

Anyone that can make it by 5:00 should be able to get in a good 3 hours of
fishing before dark. I'll plan to be there by 3:00 at the latest in my
fish-mobile (blue-green 1998 Olds 88). If my car's there but I'm not, follow the
downstream trail along the river and you'll find me. I'll be the big fat guy
with a beard and glasses, and a Wilson Creek Outfitters ball cap.
--
TL,
Tim

Old July 19th, 2004, 09:43 PM
George Adams

FWIW, the water has been running at 30 CFS for about a week, but there's a good
chance it will be at 92 or even 120 by Wednesday. (Depends how much rain fell
to our north) Nothing wrong with that, but it will cut down on the surface
action.