Is it April yet?????

Old December 24th, 2005, 07:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Is it April yet?????

Henry you should try swimming jigs bud, I'll bet you'd tear em up on them!

Warren

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
ups.com...
alwaysfishking wrote:
I'm really starting to think medication might be the answer, then again
pouring baits is pretty neat. Just sucks not being able to fish new stuff

--
www.wermieerniebaits.com
Making fish regret their decision on a daily basis

Randy, I hate that you can't fish right now, cause I love looking at
your photos, even when I can't fish. Hoping that you can get some of
that same enjoyment in return, here are a few photos from today.
http://fishingphotos.blogspot.com/
Yes, the boss decided to treat me to another day at a private lake he
has access to. His wife and son came with, and we fished from about
11am till 5pm with a break for a picnic lunch. Jacob, his 7 year old
son, wanted to make it a team fish effort, Jacob and myself against Mom
and Pop. We finished up with 18 bass to their 9 for the day, and I had
big fish. I really felt good, cause 12 of those 18 were mine. I tried
my new wermie-ernie's but I just couldn't get a bite on soft plastic
today. Almost all fish were caught on spinnerbaits, and they seemed to
want large profiles in white. Water was pretty stained, lake low from
drought conditions here in North Texas, high temp 65º with 10 to 15
mph winds.

Old December 24th, 2005, 09:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

go-bassn wrote:
Henry you should try swimming jigs bud, I'll bet you'd tear em up on them!

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm trying to learn: I caught more fish than
anyone else on their home lake. Why would I do better swimming jigs?
I guess I need to go out with nothing but jigs with me, cause I've
never caught a bass on a jig. I never give them much chance, I always
get impatient and go to lures I'm confident in. When you say swimming
jigs, do you really mean reeling them fast enough they don't touch
bottom? I've always let them go to the bottom and hopped them back to
me.

Old December 26th, 2005, 04:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Exactly Henry. My buddy Chris Rennert turned me onto this tecxhnique this
past summer, and MAN am I excited about it. Basically you fish a jig
exactly as you would fish a spinnerbait. Swim jigs are tapered so they come
through weeds & cover w/o snagging. Give it a try next season pal.

Warren

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old December 26th, 2005, 04:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

go-bassn wrote:
Exactly Henry. My buddy Chris Rennert turned me onto this tecxhnique this
past summer, and MAN am I excited about it. Basically you fish a jig
exactly as you would fish a spinnerbait. Swim jigs are tapered so they come
through weeds & cover w/o snagging. Give it a try next season pal.

Warren

Season? There are seasons? Take a look at this 10 day forecast:
http://tinyurl.com/a24kp

I'm about to go out and put a coat of fiberglass resin on the new floor
of the Minnow Bucket. I think I finally have what I need finish the
live well, too.

Thanks for the info, I just googled "swimming jigs"and am learning a
lot. I would think with all the reading I do that I would have run
across this before. I guess my old memory can't keep up with what I
read!