dont get the wrong Idea here

Old December 7th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Spoonplugger

Default dont get the wrong Idea here

I was just perusing the new Linder brothers website
and I got curious about religion is it me or are they now
really into the religion thing? I would not knock it at all to each their
own and all and I always knew that the in fisherman was a Christian
publication but the new edge stuff seems to have "come out of the closet" as
far as religion goes.
what bothers me about it and it is a very small bother is that it very
subtly being pushed which I disagree with.
anyone else feel that way?
Wayne

Old December 7th, 2003, 10:24 PM
hawg-o-matic

Do you think God created bass and everything else? Maybe they respect that
more than you. And maybe you'll be right there with them one day. Our nation
was founded by people with Christian beliefs. Sadly, some disrespectful
folks get into the mix of our government. Yet, even today, religion guides
our government. As always, the Christians struggle. Or do they? Seems to me
that most of the top touring pros are very religious. Out of respect, the
FLW tour doesn't have Sunday tournaments. It also seems that the Linder's
message is working or you wouldn't have posted about them. Pondering about
Christ is what they want. And that's a good thing.

from who it may concern

Old December 7th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Josh

Spoon,
You are correct in your observation about the tenor of the new venture.
I don't know all the particulars about their drift from In Fishermen, but
did hear it was related to thier desire to be more overt about their
religious beliefs.

If I also recall correctly, Ron had a real addiction to alcohol and it
nearly ruined his life. I do believe after a binge he hit a Billy G. revival
meeting or one of the other evangelist and it was the beginnning of his
recovery for which he is very and appropriately grateful to Heavenly Father.
Thus I think, at least the more open and direct reflection of those
feelings. I'm sure his brother Al is right beside him.

I think the site and the new show is great. We just don't have enough
overt positive feelings about religion in this country as a whole. In fact
one of the things I love the most about my travels down south, especially
to Nashville area, is the overt patriotism and religious feelings of the
people we run into.

hope this sheds some light on your question. Have a good week and tight
lines.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old December 7th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Henry Hefner

If you don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, try to be clear. I don't
understand what you object to.
#1 Is it their belief?
#2 Is it the fact that they are open about their belief?
#3 Is it the methods they use to share their belief?
You say they are subtle. Would you rather they preached from the
rooftops? Then it wouldn't be a fishing show.

Old December 7th, 2003, 11:42 PM
AJH

What does this have to do with bass fishing..?

I fish therefore I lie

Old December 8th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Ken Fortenberry

hawg-o-matic wrote:
... Our nation
was founded by people with Christian beliefs. ...

Bulls***.

http://religion.aynrand.org/quotes.html

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 8th, 2003, 12:18 AM
John Kerr

Once in a while I use "God's" name when bass fishing.........

Old December 8th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Ken Fortenberry

John Kerr wrote:

Once in a while I use "God's" name when bass fishing.........

I sometimes believe I have caught a glimmer of a glimpse of God out
of the corner of my eye while bass fishing. But I'd never suggest
that everybody ought to go bass fishing. God is where YOU find her.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 8th, 2003, 01:42 AM
hawg-o-matic

Anyone who uses the cheap Abu's exclusively isn't a bass fisherman.
Catfisherman have better taste. What to you have to do with bass fishing?

Old December 8th, 2003, 01:48 AM
bill allemann

Years ago, I think I saw God the morning after
my hemoroid operation.

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
y.com...