It's a cold windy day in the northeast, I want to fish the docks on my lake.........

Old October 20th, 2004, 04:42 PM
RichG

Default It's a cold windy day in the northeast, I want to fish the docks on my lake.........

Great idea..Florida in the Winter RichG

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners
"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" wrote in message
Maybe we should have an Okeechobee tourney in mid-winter for a those that

HAVE to fish. Just to break up the hard times during the
snow storms. After all, we don't have hurricanes after November. Doc

Our next tournament is on Van Sciver in two weeks. It will be our last for
the year.

-Rick

Old October 20th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Chris Rennert

Doc,

Do you think you could find me a sales job down there, I would just come and
live through the winter :-)

Chris

Old October 20th, 2004, 11:52 PM
go-bassn

Well Rick, I sure wouldn't be fishing docks on Manor this month, in fact I
wouldn't be fishing visable cover at all.I've won a bunch of October
toiurneys on that lake throwing a RatlTrap in the shallows. Scotts Creek,
the stump flat, Kings Cove are great places to fish. Get away from the
banks & fish the open water. Pay special attention to little riples & the
like, they're often the key to getting on em. Manor this time of year is
all about shad in the shallows Rick. Pads are the only form of visable
cover I'd target, but most of the bass will be just wandering around
following the shad.

There's a natural funnel from shallow to deep water right at the mouth of
Scotts Creek. Fish the area off the pads on the creek side & you'll catch
em all month.

Email me privately if you want more details bud.

Are you in the club that Roger weitzel fishes in?

Warren
"Richard Liebert" wrote in message
Yes, we just had a tournament this past Sunday. Of 9 guys on 6 boats we

had
4 guys with no fish. Howling wind, cold, the bite was tough. I worked all
the docks and came up with nothing which surprised me. The only fish I had
was a small one taken along the edge of the pads over in the stump field.

got him on a 5" blk/red flaked senko. The winner had 4 small fish totaling
less than 6 lbs., it looked like he was using some kind of large creature
bait in the wood along the edge. The lunker was grabbed on a jig during

the
last 5 minutes right out of the lily pads next to the boat ramp, an area I
am starting to think is under-fished in Manor.

Our next tournament is on Van Sciver in two weeks. It will be our last for
the year.

-Rick

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Where are you fishing Richard, Manor Lake? If so I can get you on some
great fishing right now.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Richard Liebert" wrote in

message
........my favorite lure for throwing under docks is a what is your
favorite lure?

"Please answer before you read what others post"