Southern Classic and Women

Old February 19th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Jerry Barton

Default Southern Classic and Women

I've been getting private emails from someone who has been telling me that
there wife is thinking that the Classics are "Men Only", and that they're
not sure whether we think wives should tag along. I've explained that we've
had wives and girlfriends attend these things before, and I'm sure we'll
continue to do so in the future. I'd appreciate it if everyone would put
their minds at ease by letting them know how we feel.
For those of you who've never attended one of our Classics, male or female,
let me assure you that it's a "not to miss" event. This is not a
professional, in any way, shape, or form, tournament. It's designed to let
everyone have a reason to meet people from this newsgroup, to put a name to
a face, and rekindle some old friendships. I can say personally that I've
made some true friends at these tournaments, and the friendships continues
away from the newsgroup. I think I've also gained a couple of step-sons in
line for an inheritance, they've already taken inventory of my rods and
reels. So please, if it's anyway possible, make an effort to attend the
Southern Classic this April, you'll never regret doing so.

--
Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Kevin Hare

I'm sure that Terri will be happy to hear from you all on how the
group feels about this. It doesn't seem to have the same effect when
I tell her this. Thanks for all of your help.

Heavy

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Jerry Barton

I can't believe that only Randy and I don't have a problem with the women
coming to our Classics, so how about some feedback so that a certain someone
will know.

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:20 AM
\The Shadow\

If I were to make it to the Classic this year, and no I won't.My wife would
be there also. I would not have any qualms about wives being there. My wife
has been to several of the Classic's held in Tenn. Wife's can always have a
good time at these shindigs if they have a mind to!

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
I can't believe that only Randy and I don't have a problem with the women
coming to our Classics, so how about some feedback so that a certain

someone
will know.

I've never had a problem with women. Heck, I married two! ;-p

No, seriously, I can only speak for myself and the Northwoods Classic, but
if someone wants to bring their significant other along to one of these
events, I say GREAT!!! They just have to understand that there's going to
be a lot of fishing talk and general silliness. So if your spousal unit can
deal with that, COME ON DOWN!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Sean Barton" wrote in message
I certainly don't have a problem with it, as long as it's not my women!

Oh c'mon Sean, bring her down. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun together.
There's some stories I want to tell her.....

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Jerry Barton

There's an extreme amount of silliness, it goes with the drinking. WE NEED

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...