Is it April yet?????

Old December 18th, 2005, 10:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Is it April yet?????

Just wondering, I hate winter

--
www.wermieerniebaits.com
Making fish regret their decision on a daily basis

Old December 18th, 2005, 10:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:16:10 -0500, "alwaysfishking"
sent into the ether:

Just wondering, I hate winter

I agree, winter sucks big time.

I am almost to the point of asking who out here, that lives down
south, wants to put me up for a week of Southern winter fishing.

Hopefully my new Curados will get here and I can practice out in the
10 degree sunny winter days. I wonder how long before the people in
the apartment complex will wait before calling the nut squad to come
and collect the "strange" man casting and flipping in the snow?

Randy maybe we can find someone to put us both up.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old December 19th, 2005, 12:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
"alwaysfishking" sent into the ether:
Just wondering, I hate winter

I agree, winter sucks big time.
snip

Not me, I love the change of seasons. We had six inches
of nice new powder the other day so me and the hound dog
went skijoring. Minnesota winter trout season opens up
on New Years Day so I spend evenings in front of the fire
sipping Laphroaig and tying up tiny size 24 midges. It's
a real hoot fishing for trout in the dead of winter. The
flies come off during the warmest part of the day, noonish
to a little before three, so it's a very civilized, albeit
short day of fishing. I can't wait.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old December 19th, 2005, 12:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message SNIP

Not me, I love the change of seasons. We had six inches
of nice new powder the other day so me and the hound dog
went skijoring. Minnesota winter trout season opens up
on New Years Day so I spend evenings in front of the fire
sipping Laphroaig and tying up tiny size 24 midges. It's
a real hoot fishing for trout in the dead of winter. The
flies come off during the warmest part of the day, noonish
to a little before three, so it's a very civilized, albeit
short day of fishing. I can't wait.

LOL You're a sick, sick man Ken Fortenberry.... ;-p
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 19th, 2005, 12:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:01:32 GMT, "Bill McKee"
sent into the ether:

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message SNIP

Not me, I love the change of seasons. We had six inches
of nice new powder the other day so me and the hound dog
went skijoring. Minnesota winter trout season opens up
on New Years Day so I spend evenings in front of the fire
sipping Laphroaig and tying up tiny size 24 midges. It's
a real hoot fishing for trout in the dead of winter. The
flies come off during the warmest part of the day, noonish
to a little before three, so it's a very civilized, albeit
short day of fishing. I can't wait.

LOL You're a sick, sick man Ken Fortenberry.... ;-p
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

We are having cold winds and heavy rains. forcast for 20' seas, so crabbing
for Christmas is out. Friend went bassn' yesterday in the Sac delta. He
said frozen fingers and wet clothes. Was dang cold at 1:30 am last night,
returning from a party. Was only 45.

"SHUT UP" :}

Old December 19th, 2005, 01:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Seriously... doesn't the water freeze to your line as you cast that fly rig?

I know of more than one while I was fishing, the water would freeze to the
top guide a short amount of time as I'd reel in.

Old December 19th, 2005, 02:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Charles B. Summers wrote:
Seriously... doesn't the water freeze to your line as you cast that fly rig?

I know of more than one while I was fishing, the water would freeze to the
top guide a short amount of time as I'd reel in.

I coat my fly lines with red Mucilin (animal fat) so my
fly lines don't freeze up. The guides on the fly rod do
freeze shut after a few casts but all you do is dip your
rod in the stream to clear them out.

The biggest problem I had with winter fishing was the snow
sticking to my felt soled wading boots. Walk a few steps
and you were carrying ten pounds of snow per boot. I got
rubber overshoes to put on my wading boots when I wasn't
in the water and solved that problem.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old December 19th, 2005, 03:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Josh wrote:
What's wrong with ice fishing?
Get out there!

I'm just not a sit there and wait kind of fisherman.
Living up here I've done it of course but there's not
much to it. A Swedish pimple, a meal worm and wait.
The most fishermanly decision you have to make is where
to drill the hole and after that it's just boring.

And my hound dog agrees. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry