Fishing Addicts?

Old December 8th, 2006, 12:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Default Fishing Addicts?

Chris S wrote:
I have tried the standout hook whick I felt was a good idea but I have had
more success with the dropshot hooks more then I have with the standout
hooks.I'll give them another go this spring but I will not stick with them
as much as I did this year.

The shaft needs to be a bit longer on them, My protos never miss a
strike, I'm having a hard time convincing TTI they need a longer shaft,
they think drop shot fishermen want a shorter shaft. The real reason
they want a shorter shaft is it's hard to make any other hook with a
longer shaft stick out from the line,, of course with the StandOut that
is not a problem

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old December 8th, 2006, 12:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
OhioFishking

Hell I wish I could be fishing. I am so tied up with the new position in my
company and still unpacking boxes. I really want to get back to pouring
worms this winter and will when I get the rest of the garage boxes empty.

I found out today why Ohio winters are mild in this part of the state. It's
God's way of sparing the dumb. 1/2 an inch of snow turned my 15 minute
commute into an hour!!! People were all over the place crashing into each
other. It was amazing

There is really no good food out here, no sabrett hot dogs, no good pizza
and a few other things I can't think of right now.

Thanks to everyone who invited me for some fishing. I will be seeing
Justin soon I hope, and maybe Jack in the Spring. There is the MTC and the
NWC which I can easily attend both next year.

PS Skyline Chili still looks like a scary thing to try so i will avoid it at
all costs

Randy-

Old December 8th, 2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob Rickard

Rodney, as a true fan of yours who has repeatedly tried to help you in the
past with your problem in this group, I am going to be as blunt as possible
this time. Go back & read your entire message. Next, concentrate on that
idiotic last sentence of yours... that was too stupid for words, & exactly
why these folks don't like you. Next time you feel like adding something
stupid like that to a post, I suggest that you instead wrap yourself head to
toe in good duct tape, jump into some real deep water & think about it for a
few hours.

It's a damn shame that a strong mind like yours is matched up with such a
pitiful, small minded whiney temper like yours.

Bob Rickard
.................................................. .................................................. ............................

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:

I have noticed pics of the standout hooks in articels in the last two
Bassmaster Magazines.

Those guys are teaching "my hooks" for drop shot fishing in their B.A.S.S.
collage courses now. Not bad for just a bent piece of wire, I came up with

I wish I could get Warren to try the StandOut , Hell, I will send him all
he wants for free

Looks like now "my" new insect repellent is going to get the same respect
from these guys, Those writers are going nuts over it, the first, and
only, effective insect repellent, that does not repel fish.

I keep working, on making bass fishing easier for everyone, but like
Rodney Dangerfield, I get no respect :-) (at least none from this news
group)

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of Nutri Shield insect repellent, Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig,

Old December 8th, 2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jack Schmitt

"

I have noticed pics of the standout hooks in articels in the last two
Bassmaster Magazines.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
Fishing Forums & Contests
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

FWIW, I obtained some of these hooks whem they first came out. I wish they
had made them with a longer shank. IMHO the hook point is too close to the
tie on point to get a good hook set.

Jack in Tn.

Old December 8th, 2006, 02:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Bob Rickard wrote:

It's a damn shame that a strong mind like yours is matched up with such a
pitiful, small minded whiney temper like yours.

Dang man,,, I was making a "JOKE" did you not see the :-) ?

Old December 8th, 2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Jack Schmitt wrote:

FWIW, I obtained some of these hooks whem they first came out. I wish they
had made them with a longer shank. IMHO the hook point is too close to the
tie on point to get a good hook set.

I agree, but it is not a problem on the bigger sizes.
You need to let TTI know that you had a problem with the short shank

Old December 8th, 2006, 02:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

OhioFishking wrote:
PS Skyline Chili still looks like a scary thing to try so i will avoid it at
all costs

It is a VERY scary thing to anyone who has ever eaten real chili.
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S

I didnt see any more advantage using the hook over the regular dropshot
other then tying it .But as I stated I will give it a go again this spring
and see
--
Chris S
Replace com with net to e-mail

---

Old December 8th, 2006, 05:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On the CA delta today water temp 52 and air temp 66, 5 LMB to 4# on
various baits and 4 stripers to 8# on Traps from 10 'til about 2
o'clock. Saw 1 other boat. tough to be retired and have to live this
way.

sket

Old December 8th, 2006, 06:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

"SimRacer" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .
What do you do as the weather gets too cold to fish?

Have you already respooled all your rods? Repaired all your damaged
equipment? fogged and stored your boat?

I'm lucky, I get to fish year round if I so choose. Warm(er) days during
December-January here (central NC) can find lake fish biting anywhere from
brush piles on deep flats to up near the bank near or on submerged creek
beds - especially near where creeks or other runoff waters come into the
lake, and often create a small warm water discharge area.

And from the beginning of December through January, we can head out to the
coast and hit the striped bass that run along most of our coast during
that
time. Usually we go up to Oregon Inlet (North of Cape Hatteras) to put in
and we'll fish from Cape Hatteras to the South all the way up to near the
VA
line above Kitty Hawk and Corolla to the North.

And of course, February is nearly the best month around these parts to
find
"big" bass. As big as bass as we can get here in NC with the lack of
Florida
strain fish anyway...

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
Fishing Forums & Contests
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Heading up to the Sacramento River tomorrow for steelhead, and maybe a
salmon.