FLW Tour Championship

Old August 16th, 2004, 07:16 PM
RGarri7470

Default FLW Tour Championship

This big tournament just finished up and the winner got $500,000. I have been
reading about it, trying to figure it out. It was a bracket tournament - the 48
pros were paired up, first to last, second to 47th and so on. They were not in
the same boat but competed against each other's weights.

If I have it figured right, after two days the winner of each pair moved on to
the next day. So, your total weighed did not matter. You could catch one bass
weighing 1 pound and move on if your paired pro did not catch a fish, even if
the other 46 pros had over 20 pounds each. Seems like a strange way to do it to
me!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old August 16th, 2004, 07:55 PM
go-bassn

No different from any other sport that uses a bracket format (tennis, pool,
ncaa basketball etc). How bout that $500k prize though!

Warren

Old August 16th, 2004, 09:01 PM
SimRacer

"go-bassn" wrote in message
No different from any other sport that uses a bracket format (tennis,

pool,
ncaa basketball etc). How bout that $500k prize though!

Warren

Congrats on moving up to that 24th place finish (I think) this past tourney
Warren. I am not a tourney fisherman, but I'd imagine being a non-boater
makes it a tough row to hoe at times.

And speaking of big prizes, why did they do away with the MEGABass or
whatever it used to be, that paid a million out? I'd think with the apparent
resurgence of bass fishing in particular, that some big time almost made for
TV tournies would be in order once again. I know they came out with the
Elite 50 this year, but still, how about some big time bucks for you guys
out there doing this as a job? How lame is it (IMHO) that the Super Bowl
(Classic) winner from our sport only got $200,000 in money? You can just
about score that much by placing in the top 10 of any of a handful of PGA
golf tournaments these days...

Of course I am somewhat jaded by the fact that I also try my hand at
offshore fishing several times a year and I know the boat and guys that won
the Big Rock tournament here a few months ago. A lot of you have probably
never even heard of it, but those guys (the winning boat, crew and fishing
team, though the boat was a charter) won almost 500k for that 1 555lb Marlin
they boated....second place was still over the $200k that Takahiro (sp?) won
at the Classic...

Old August 16th, 2004, 09:36 PM
go-bassn

Thanks Dude. The fishing up at the Hudson last week was tough regardless of
where you were sittin, believe me! I actually brought more to the scales
than all my boaters combines lol. Too bad the Hudson was showing her worst
side instead of her best. Oh well.

I'm not sure what you mean with million dollar prize, I've never heard of
such a thing.

Warren

"SimRacer" wrote in message
r.com...

Old August 16th, 2004, 10:50 PM
BassMr

It's good to see Jimmy Millsaps and Mickey Bruce from Georgia do well.I
have had the chance to meet Jimmy and years ago fished with Mickey on
Lanier,both class guys that have paid their dues over the years.