GFS2007 - Signup, Day 3

Old January 4th, 2007, 04:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

Default GFS2007 - Signup, Day 3

Woo hoo. The list now stands at 17 swappers. Keep 'em coming boyz.

Joe Fleischman
http://mysite.verizon.net/gfs2007/

Old January 4th, 2007, 06:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

rb608 typed:
Woo hoo. The list now stands at 17 swappers. Keep 'em coming boyz.

Joe - check your swap email addy for mail. There are some good swappers who
don't frequent roff (go figure) that I notified about the GFS2007.
--
TL,
Tim

Old January 7th, 2007, 03:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

rb608 wrote:

Woo hoo. The list now stands at 17 swappers. Keep 'em coming boyz.

Joe Fleischman
http://mysite.verizon.net/gfs2007/

ok...we need a frustrations, self-flagellation, blood-letting, and
self-immolation sub-thread or link on the website.

i am in awe of you fellows who do this stuff for pleasure and with such
artistic results...of course, i have trouble making a simple knot in my
tie each work day and should have known better than to enter any event
that required dexterity - physical or mental. i suspect i shall have to
beg room at wayno's tying bench and accede to his instruction as to the
best method of tying and presenting a swappable fly. (uh, harry, you
need to get your cdc-elk inventory up in the next 2 weeks)

i figure it'll take me about 50 throw-aways and a kitchen table and room
full of detritus to manage a single presentable fly (that i assumed
would be an easy tie). y'all need to remember, and will no doubt
recognize, that "mutant" is the predominant descriptive feature of my
humble offering...the blood to be found mixed in some of the cdc should
be considered as extra dressing and a bonus addition to an otherwise
mundane fly, and one for which i shall extract revenge next time i see
the firejuggler.

jeff
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

"jeff" wrote in message
i figure it'll take me about 50 throw-aways and a kitchen table and room
full of detritus to manage a single presentable fly (that i assumed would
be an easy tie).

Boy have I been there & done that. Actually, I seem to remember doing it on
most swaps. There are several patterns for which I have abandoned all hope
of ever producing a result better than an average kindergardner with paste
glue & a box of feathers.

and one for which i shall extract revenge next time i see the firejuggler.

I'll be in Lynchburg, VA next weekend on business. Closer, but not close
enough. :-)

Joe F.

Old January 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church

"rb608" wrote in news:Ga%mh.71$Se.10
@trndny02:

Woo hoo. The list now stands at 17 swappers. Keep 'em coming boyz.

....OK Joe, put me down for a size 10 Panhandler, a bluegill type of wet
fly, tied with lots of peacock herl..heck even I might be able to tie this
one.

Frank Sr.
....fried in Fremont
Old January 9th, 2007, 12:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

rb608 wrote:
"jeff" wrote in message

i figure it'll take me about 50 throw-aways and a kitchen table and room
full of detritus to manage a single presentable fly (that i assumed would
be an easy tie).

Boy have I been there & done that. Actually, I seem to remember doing it on
most swaps. There are several patterns for which I have abandoned all hope
of ever producing a result better than an average kindergardner with paste
glue & a box of feathers.

and one for which i shall extract revenge next time i see the firejuggler.

I'll be in Lynchburg, VA next weekend on business. Closer, but not close
enough. :-)

Joe F.

ah, grasshopper..."close enough"??? ha!! instead you should be thinking
"is it far enough?" i know "people" in lynchburg. be cautious...be
very, very cautious.

jeff