Fly rods in the US

Old December 5th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Bill Kiene

Default Fly rods in the US

Hi All U ROFFers,

Orvis and St.Croix have very nice 9' #5, 4 piece fly rods for $100US for
2004. We are very excited to have better entry level products for our
customers.

Temple Fork Outfitters and Redington/Sage will be the companies to watch now
for wonderful imported fly rods at great prices (under $300).

These rods are not meant to compete with or replace the high end ($500+)
rods made in America by top companies like Sage, Loomis, Winston, T&T and
Scott. Fly shops are selling high end rods to people that are looking for
the best you can get.

You can buy a nice trout rod now for $100 or you can get the best for $500+.
Only in America can you have all these choices and make them freely.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

Old December 5th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Roger Ohlund

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. com...
snip
Only in America can you have all these choices and make them freely.

Bill,

I think I've had a similar discussion with Wayne Harrison once. I'm sorry to
tell you this, and I have no ill intent, but that's about as wrong as it
gets.
It's nothing wrong with being proud of your country, but when devaluating
all other countries by saying "Only in America" - that's just plain bull****
and a lot of ignorance, plus no small ammount of flagvawing.

/Roger
Honestly, I can buy these rods over here. AND, you know what? I can also
choose freely. ;-)

Old December 5th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Stan Gula

"Roger Ohlund" wrote in message
plus no small ammount of flagvawing.

Oh, sure, start flinging those Swedish insults g

Old December 5th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Roger Ohlund wrote:

Only in America ...

Up yours, Swede boy. That's no plain bull****, that there is good
old Red, White and Blue bull**** ... and a lot of ignorance.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 5th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Bill Kiene

Hi Roger,

I am usually addressing fly fishers in the US, so I am sorry if you mistook
my intensions and information.

Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
Planet earth for now........

www.kiene.com

"Roger Ohlund" wrote in message

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. com...
snip

Old December 5th, 2003, 09:38 PM
George Cleveland

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 20:19:55 +0100, "Roger Ohlund"
wrote:

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
.com...
snip
Only in America can you have all these choices and make them freely.

Bill,

I think I've had a similar discussion with Wayne Harrison once. I'm sorry to
tell you this, and I have no ill intent, but that's about as wrong as it
gets.
It's nothing wrong with being proud of your country, but when devaluating
all other countries by saying "Only in America" - that's just plain bull****
and a lot of ignorance, plus no small ammount of flagvawing.

/Roger
Honestly, I can buy these rods over here. AND, you know what? I can also
choose freely. ;-)

Oh sure. But are you free to become homeless and end up starving on the
street corner? How about being free enough to not have access to health
care and having untreated cancer slowly eat out your insides. There's
freedom and then there's freedom.

g.c.

In the home of the free.
Old December 5th, 2003, 09:59 PM
David Snedeker

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. com...
Hi All U ROFFers,
Only in America can you have all these choices and make them freely.

Many people actually believe this kind of stuff.

Old December 5th, 2003, 10:14 PM
George Cleveland

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:07:12 GMT, "Bill Kiene" wrote:

[...]

Have you cast the Orvis rod yet?

g.c.
Old December 5th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Herman Nijland

David Snedeker wrote:
"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. com...

Hi All U ROFFers,
Only in America can you have all these choices and make them freely.

Many people actually believe this kind of stuff.

Dave

O, they come in all varieties and nationalities.

For instance:
Ouwehands is very proud to present the new model of salted herring. We
are out of our skulls with joy to help the beginning herringeater with a
fine entry level herring.

These herrings are not produced to compete with the high end herrings,
the Parleviet or the Boerenkoolstronkeradeelse Bakbokking. Only in the
Netherlands herring shops are selling high end herrings, served with
onions chopped with chirurgically precision, to people that are looking
for the best you can get.

You can buy a nice herring for 1.50 Euro, or you can buy a herring the
size of a juvenile sperm whale for 10,000 Euro. Only in the Netherlands

Old December 5th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Greg Pavlov wrote:
"Bill Kiene" wrote:

I am usually addressing fly fishers in the US, so I am sorry if you mistook
my intensions and information.

What was the intention of that statement ?

That's what passes for an apology in jingo-speak.

--
Ken Fortenberry