Plastic Storage Question

Old February 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Sandy Joren

Default Plastic Storage Question

Got a question for you folk. I finally started making a storage area in my
basement so I could get all my fishing stuff where I can spend the rest of
the winter getting everything ready for the season. My question is storage
for plastics. I have fished many tournaments as a non-boater and have
noticed quite a few of my boaters keep their plastic, like senkos, stored in
things like the Plano 3600. I've always been one to keep my plastics in the
bags they came in. Does it make a difference? Thanks in advance

--
Sandy Joren
--------------------------

Old February 8th, 2009, 10:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:15:49 -0500, "Sandy Joren"
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park then
wrote:

Got a question for you folk. I finally started making a storage area in my
basement so I could get all my fishing stuff where I can spend the rest of
the winter getting everything ready for the season. My question is storage
for plastics. I have fished many tournaments as a non-boater and have
noticed quite a few of my boaters keep their plastic, like senkos, stored in
things like the Plano 3600. I've always been one to keep my plastics in the
bags they came in. Does it make a difference? Thanks in advance

It doesn't really make a difference. I would keep all mine in the
storage boxes if I had a boat with storage areas. Now I just fill a
storage box with an assortment and refill at home from bags. Boxes
can be easier to find the color/size you looking for, but bags work
too.

Then there's Ronnie. Watching him dig through his forward storage
compartment filled with bags can be quite fun. Almost like Christmas
morning! ;}
_

Dan TOASTY in Florida for now

Remove the X for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Sandy Joren" wrote in message
Got a question for you folk. I finally started making a storage area in
my basement so I could get all my fishing stuff where I can spend the rest
of the winter getting everything ready for the season. My question is
storage for plastics. I have fished many tournaments as a non-boater and
have noticed quite a few of my boaters keep their plastic, like senkos,
stored in things like the Plano 3600. I've always been one to keep my
plastics in the bags they came in. Does it make a difference? Thanks in
advance

Well hey there Sandy!

Long time no see! I used to keep my soft plastics in the original bags, but
found that there were few ways to reasonably store them so that I could
easily organize them and see all the choices I have. There's little more
frustrating than pawing through bags looking for one particular color and
not being able to find it! I tried using the soft sided, two ring binder
type organizers but just didn't like them. It seemed that the bags would
fall open or tear, then I had lures all over the place.

Since then, I have gone to the Plano 3700 boxes for my soft plastics as
well. I like them because I can have one box for stick baits, one for fluke
type lures, one for tubes, one for creatures, etc. Then I can have a fairly
wide assortment of colors and sizes in each box and at a glance, can get a
good idea of what I have for choices. And, with a glance, I can tell when
I'm getting low on a particular color or size, which makes it easier to
restock.

The one positive to keeping them in the bag is if you want to put oils or
scents in the bag and saturate the lures. But you can use standard zip-lock
bags and still keep them in the Plano box too.

I like the boxes when I'm fishing out of another boat. I can keep all my
hooks in one box along with a small selection of weights. Then I pre-plan
what I'm going to use and just take the four or five boxes I need. These
fit easily into a gym bag and take up little room in the boat. Four rods,
five boxes in a gym bag or back pack and I'd be pretty well equipped for
just about any tournament.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Then there's Ronnie. *Watching him dig through his forward storage
compartment filled with bags can be quite fun. *Almost like Christmas
morning! *;}
_

Dan TOASTY in Florida for now

And I often find a surprise I forgot I had!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old February 16th, 2009, 07:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Sandy Joren

Thanks to all for the words of wisdom. Points made good sense. I'll give
it a shot this season. The talk of Ronnie pawing through his forward
compartment reminds me of me pawing through my gym bag full of bags of
plastic and trying to find the 3 inchers. I'm going to try and do quite a
bit more planning this year so the boaters I fish with don't groan when I
back my truck up to the boat and start unloading.....

Glad to see all the "buds" still around........

--
Sandy Joren