Reels "Made In U.S.A."

Old May 11th, 2004, 06:39 PM
IMKen

Default Reels "Made In U.S.A."

I am looking for some new bass fishing gear. In my little attempt to keep
Jobs in America I will attempt to buy equipment "Made in U.S.A.". Like to
get bait casting reels.

I sent an email to Pflueger / Shakesphere asking if they had any models
which were produced here.

Answer from them was, "NO all our reels are made in China".

What reels are U.S. manufactured?

Ken

Old May 11th, 2004, 09:12 PM
AJH

Ray Scott's Supercaster U.S. Reel and some Penn reels are made in the
USA (maybe). I heard a USA company called Ardent is making hi dollar
baitcasting reels..

Old May 11th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"IMKen" wrote in message
I am looking for some new bass fishing gear. In my little attempt to

keep
Jobs in America I will attempt to buy equipment "Made in U.S.A.". Like

get bait casting reels.

I sent an email to Pflueger / Shakesphere asking if they had any models
which were produced here.

Answer from them was, "NO all our reels are made in China".

What reels are U.S. manufactured?

Van Staal makes spinning and fly reels in Tulsa Oklahoma. They're U.S.
made, but start around $500 for an ultralight reel if I remember correctly.

--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 12th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Calif Bill

"AJH" wrote in message
Ray Scott's Supercaster U.S. Reel and some Penn reels are made in the
USA (maybe). I heard a USA company called Ardent is making hi dollar
baitcasting reels..

Avet reels. The SX is a nice little reel. About $150. All machined
aluminum.
Bill

Old May 12th, 2004, 11:25 AM
AJH

Are Avet reels suitable for bass fishing?

Old May 12th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Calif Bill

"AJH" wrote in message
Are Avet reels suitable for bass fishing?

Heavy duty casting. My SX does not weigh much. I also fish sal****er and
use it to cast for Calico Bass.

Old May 12th, 2004, 09:14 PM
AJH

The Avet SX looks like a high quality reel, less than 14oz, no
levelwinder, good weight for a sal****er reel but a bit heavy for
freshwater bass..

Old May 13th, 2004, 01:23 AM
doS

yes, but you can play golf with it also...;-)

http://www.alpacamania.com/alexsbait/html/page112.html

Old May 14th, 2004, 04:43 AM

Penn
Old May 15th, 2004, 02:51 AM
IMKen

I looked at Penn but the smallest reel they make is a bit on the big side
for bass. Great Musky reel. it weights 11.8 ounces and bass bait casting
reels weight in at 8.5 ounces or so.

Ken

wrote in message
hlink.net...