Happy Mothers Day

Old May 14th, 2006, 06:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Happy Mothers Day

I hope all you guys gave the Moms out there a bit of peace and quiet on
thier special day.

I know I did my part and went fishing bright and early.

Happy Mothers Day.

Dave V

Old May 14th, 2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"David Vito" wrote in message
I hope all you guys gave the Moms out there a bit of peace and quiet on
thier special day.

I know I did my part and went fishing bright and early.

I too was selfless and went fishing today with a friend and my soon-to-be
son in law. How nice we are to be thoughtful and leave them to peace and
quiet!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 15th, 2006, 02:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

I too was selfless and went fishing today with a friend and my soon-to-be
son in law. How nice we are to be thoughtful and leave them to peace and
quiet!

Man I wish I could have convinced mine (wife, mother, daughter, daughter
in law and mother in law) of that :-)

My son, son in law, brother in law, father, and me, just got to talk
about fishing all day, and the weather was perfect, we just cried in our
beer, except they would not let us even have beer today. Those girls
loved seeing us suffer, they laughed because the weather was so good,
and we were not "all" on the water.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

I too was selfless and went fishing today with a friend and my soon-to-be
son in law. How nice we are to be thoughtful and leave them to peace and
quiet!

Man I wish I could have convinced mine (wife, mother, daughter, daughter
in law and mother in law) of that :-)

My son, son in law, brother in law, father, and me, just got to talk about
fishing all day, and the weather was perfect, we just cried in our beer,
except they would not let us even have beer today. Those girls loved
seeing us suffer, they laughed because the weather was so good, and we
were not "all" on the water.

It's not hard. The big thing is laying the initial groundwork well in
advance of the marriage. I went fishing and hunting ALL the time before I
was married. I figured that if she tolerated it before the wedding GREAT!
If she didn't, it would be cheaper to learn that pre-nuptuals. Now, I can
pretty much go whenever I want, and it's less time than I used to go, so
she's happy. My daughter grew up knowing that daddy fished and hunted.
Actually, she told her classmates when asked what I did for a living, she
said "My Daddy goes hunting and fishing!" Janet knows that I live to fish
and hunt.

You might be too late! But as long as Janet knew I would be home in time to
take her to brunch, she was cool with it.

Old May 15th, 2006, 03:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

It's not hard. The big thing is laying the initial groundwork well in
advance of the marriage. I went fishing and hunting ALL the time before I
was married. I figured that if she tolerated it before the wedding GREAT!
If she didn't, it would be cheaper to learn that pre-nuptuals. Now, I can
pretty much go whenever I want, and it's less time than I used to go, so
she's happy.

My Son's Ex was that way,, she would even gladly pack his stuff for him,
he found out why, and now she's an EX :-)

Now he's got a loyal, gorgeous, "young" wife, that hates hunting and
fishing, she lets him go some, after a lot of begging, but he tells me
his life is much better, even if he hunts and fishes a bit less.

Old May 15th, 2006, 03:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

No fishing here. All Sue's kids (and their others) my sister etc. came
over here. I spent six hours at the smoker doing a hickory smoke pork loin
for our bbq. Good fun was had by all. Doc