Local B.A.S.S. Club Full

Old October 16th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Rusty Unger

Default Local B.A.S.S. Club Full

I am a newbie here, but thought I would post, hopefully someone will
be of some help. I called a local federation club president tonight,
and was informed that the local club was full. I have been a member
in good standing of a local federation club in MD, for some time, and
since moving to SC, thought it would be no problem to join a club
here, just seems very difficult to get in though. Anyone have any
suggestions? Thanks, and I look forward to making posts and talking
with everyone in the gorup!
Old October 16th, 2003, 02:11 PM
RGarri7470

I called a local federation club president tonight,
and was informed that the local club was full.

I am in two local clubs and one does have a membership limit. Is there another
club in the area you can join? Often there are several clubs in a town.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old October 16th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Chuck Coger

Same here.. One of them they will let just about anyone into and the other
is apparently by invite only, since I am having the same problem Rusty is
having with it.

Not to change the subject but since I have yet to actually get into a BASS
Local Club, for some reason. Is it even going to be worth it after all of
the ESPN hoopla that I have heard about. Something about all of the BASS
Charter members moving to some other Charter that the Regional Directors are
starting. I know locally they were considering shutting down a second local
charter because of the ESPN/BASS merger/accqu. and all of the problems they
had.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

Old October 16th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Joe

One town I lived in they kept their membership at the minimum so they all
could qualify for the State Tourney.
Classy huh? ;-( Joe Z.

Old October 17th, 2003, 01:14 AM
RGarri7470

Not to change the subject but since I have yet to actually get into a BASS
Local Club, for some reason. Is it even going to be worth it after all of
the ESPN hoopla that I have heard about. Something about all of the BASS
Charter members moving to some other Charter that the Regional Directors are
starting. I know locally they were considering shutting down a second local
charter because of the ESPN/BASS merger/accqu. and all of the problems they
had.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

Depends on what you want from a club. From what I can tell, you get the chance
to fish a state top six and maybe go on to regionals and even to the classic.
Also, the clubs have insurance for their events. In Georgia there are about
125 affilated clubs and almost that many that are not. The ones that are not
don't have to do kids events and are not pushed to do environmental projects,
they just go fishing.

Never heard of regional directors at BASS - I was a state director for 20 years
here and our officers answered to BASS, no director between them that I know
of. There are some clubs kicked out each year for not following rules, and
others that drop out on their own.

My guess is the BASS Federation system will continue, even with all its
problems.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old October 17th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Brad Coovert

One town I lived in they kept their membership at the minimum so they all
could qualify for the State Tourney.
Classy huh? ;-( Joe Z

Very common in the BASS federation clubs throughout the USA.

Brad
Brad Coovert, 2003 Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
Please visit our sponsors:
http://www.geocities.com/greenfieldb...ponsorPage.htm

Old October 21st, 2003, 02:35 AM
RGarri7470

One town I lived in they kept their membership at the minimum so they all
could qualify for the State Tourney.
Classy huh? ;-( Joe Z

Very common in the BASS federation clubs throughout the USA.

It's understandable, but yet ashame in a sense, that they are more
focused on one tournament, than getting new members, who like me would
love to fish every local tournament put on. I don't know, maybe that
it harsh but I think that something needs to change...

Sounds like a good opportunity for you to start a club!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com