OBROFF: CSI

Old March 5th, 2010, 04:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

Default OBROFF: CSI

Just watched CSI. One victim had a fly vest on, but it was EMPTY!!!
Okay, first clue that it was a murder was that the FLY VEST WAS
EMPTY!!! Ain't gonna happen in real life. AN EMPTY FLY VEST! Come on
folks, its just wrong.
Frank Reid
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen

"Frank Reid © 2008" wrote in message
Just watched CSI. One victim had a fly vest on, but it was EMPTY!!!
Okay, first clue that it was a murder was that the FLY VEST WAS
EMPTY!!! Ain't gonna happen in real life. AN EMPTY FLY VEST! Come on
folks, its just wrong.
Frank Reid

Maybe the killer stole all of the fly fishers fly fishing vest
accoutrements?

Don't tell tell Mr. Miller, but I have lusted over his fly boxes for
years--I wouldn't kill him over them, but I might perform a masked tent
envasion, make my getaway--with flyz in tow, and return to tell him I had
seen the perpetrator running up the trail towards the nearest highway.

He rarely reads my stuff, so if he finds out about my plans I'll know you
told him and I know you have nice full fly boxes too! Though your fighting
craws scare me to much to nab them.

Op

Old March 5th, 2010, 04:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 20:10:27 -0800 (PST), Frank Reid © 2008
wrote:

Allow me:

Just watched CSI. Come on folks, its just wrong.
Frank Reid

There.

HTH,
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
John B[_2_]

"Frank Reid © 2008" wrote in message
Just watched CSI. One victim had a fly vest on, but it was EMPTY!!!
Okay, first clue that it was a murder was that the FLY VEST WAS
EMPTY!!! Ain't gonna happen in real life. AN EMPTY FLY VEST! Come on
folks, its just wrong.
Frank Reid

On adventure shows with a g/gp rating, the mummy or journey to the center of
the earth...or things like that...I allow a lot of latitude.

On movies that are supposed to be gripping dramas of real life...I get very
critical...

some movies that are my favorites that I watch often, I even enjoy finding
mistakes..but here is what I do not understand..

These type shows (and I like CSI by the way) are written by teams,
absolutely a gazillion people involved in the production...why are such
blatant errors over looked. Or is this a dis to us?

john

Old March 7th, 2010, 02:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton[_2_]

"Frank Reid © 2008" wrote in message
Just watched CSI. One victim had a fly vest on, but it was EMPTY!!!
Okay, first clue that it was a murder was that the FLY VEST WAS
EMPTY!!! Ain't gonna happen in real life. AN EMPTY FLY VEST! Come on
folks, its just wrong.
Frank Reid

oh, for Gawdsakes!! You, yourownself have often plotted to do me in for the
contents of my fly vest. I suspect this is a more common crime than most
would suspect.....
Tom

Old March 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

Just watched CSI. One victim had a fly vest on, but it was EMPTY!!!
Okay, first clue that it was a murder was that the FLY VEST WAS
EMPTY!!! Ain't gonna happen in real life. AN EMPTY FLY VEST! Come on
folks, its just wrong.
Frank Reid

oh, for Gawdsakes!! You, yourownself *have often plotted to do me in for the
contents of my fly vest. I suspect this is a more common crime than most
would suspect.....

Tom, don't worry, its not JUST your fly vest, but the travelling fly
shop you bring with you. I would not be so base as to kill you for
JUST your vest.
Frank Reid
(who is building a pretty good traveling fly shop on his own)
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Mar 7, 12:17*pm, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
Just watched CSI. One victim had a fly vest on, but it was EMPTY!!!
Okay, first clue that it was a murder was that the FLY VEST WAS
EMPTY!!! Ain't gonna happen in real life. AN EMPTY FLY VEST! Come on
folks, its just wrong.
Frank Reid

oh, for Gawdsakes!! You, yourownself *have often plotted to do me in for the
contents of my fly vest. I suspect this is a more common crime than most
would suspect.....

Tom, don't worry, its not JUST your fly vest, but the travelling fly
shop you bring with you. *I would not be so base as to kill you for
JUST your vest.
Frank Reid
(who is building a pretty good traveling fly shop on his own)

I wouldn't steal the contents of either of your vests without there
was a Sherpa I could steal to carry the ****.

However, looking at this in the original context, what kind of idiot
would kill somebody for the contents of his fly vest.....and then
leave the empty vest? John is right, this makes no kind of sense
whatsoever. If fly fishing, the vest, or its depleted condition had
anything at all to do with the plot line, some sort or explanation
should have been forthcoming. Presumably, this was not the
case.....or this thread would not exist, ainna? So, it had nothing to
do with the story, right?. This leaves us stewing over John's
observations.

A gazillion people involved in the production.......and nobody caught
this?

They have fact checkers!....especially on shows that have do to with
the sciences.....whatever the hell those are.

Well, we're a rare breed, fly fishers.....but not THAT rare! Besides,
what particular flavor of rocket scientist does it take to make a
connection of sorts between an infinitude of pockets and the
likelihood that something or other might reside in them?

So, Becky's current favorite TV show is "Bones." And, yes, I enjoy it
too.....very much. It's got about everything going for it that a TV
show should have. We watch it together whenever our schedules....and
those of the network (remember when the word "season" had a semblence
of meaning in TVland?) allow. What Becky does NOT like is someone's
frequent jabbing of the pause button and ejaculations of "NO! NO!
THAT'S WRONG! THAT'S NOT HOW IT'S DONE!" Her brows lower, and knit,
and there is no happiness is viewerland.

And the play button is pushed.....quietly and without further
comment.

And truth, fidelity, accuracy......well, Coleridge was right.....I
guess.....maybe.

giles

Old March 8th, 2010, 01:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

On Mar 7, 7:58*pm, Giles wrote:
[...]

There are shows, CSI, anything military, ... that I'm forced to watch
by myself in the basement... with the door closed... phone turned
off... and no after action reports allowed. I mean, seriously, a guy
wandering around a military base with the Medal of Honor on his
uniform and not one salute. Hell, protocol would be drooling all over
themselves to make sure everyone knew the guy was on base. Saw this a
couple of years ago and railed about it till the bride laced my coffee
with Mother-in-law Tongue.
Frank Reid

Old March 9th, 2010, 02:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Mar 8, 7:41*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
On Mar 7, 7:58*pm, Giles wrote:

[...]

The willing suspension of disbelief is easy enough.....till the
subject matter hits close to home. Interesting, and somewhat
sobering, to reflect that whatever the subject matter, it MUST hit
close to home somewhere. Makes a boy wonder if television ever gets
anything right.

till the bride laced my coffee
with Mother-in-law Tongue.

Did it work (he asks, naively)?

giles
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

till the bride laced my coffee
with Mother-in-law Tongue.

Did it work (he asks, naively)?