Self-Sufficiency in Style

Old July 5th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Cerumen

Default Self-Sufficiency in Style

"Pat Gardiner" wrote in message

Come on now lads! A rod, a line and a nice shore, can I feed myself?

Well you certainly could here anyway although it would be a boring diet.

I did see notices limiting the catch to two sea bass, or was that a

tourist
trap for the gullable?

No there is a real bag limit and even close season for sea bass here but
that is the only restriction I know of.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old July 5th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Cliff Ravenscroft

Like Tony said Pat ,it's not a dig at you ,more a reference to out badly
managed/exploited waters.

"Pat Gardiner" wrote in message
Why?

I have not even been fishing. I asked some questions. You are being very
cryptic.

I'm not talking about buying a trawler, that I can understand might cause

few minor problems chuckle or even suggesting selling any of the catch.

Are you saying that I have suggested something illegal?

Regards
Pat Gardiner

"Cliff Ravenscroft" wrote in message
I bow to experience (& age)just be glad you was in Ireland cos if you

was
in
England or Wales & looking to survive you would be brown bread by now

"Pat Gardiner" wrote in message
Ah Ha, are you refering to the unusual use of the adjective "pacific"

describe what was called the Western Approaches" when I was a boy.

Now they call it something PC like "Celtic Sea" don't they?

I did wonder if the adjective was wise, but after a few days on the

west
coast staring at Atlantic breakers, "pacific" fitted the bill for very
placid sea.

Come on now lads! A rod, a line and a nice shore, can I feed myself?

or are you all escaping from the domestic life and living on hope?

I did see notices limiting the catch to two sea bass, or was that a

tourist
trap for the gullable?

Regards
Pat Gardiner
www.go-self-sufficient.com

"Cliff Ravenscroft" wrote in message

back down to the Pacific coast!!!!!!! I dont think so

snip

Old July 5th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Pat Gardiner

"Cerumen" wrote in message

"Pat Gardiner" wrote in message

Come on now lads! A rod, a line and a nice shore, can I feed myself?

Well you certainly could here anyway although it would be a boring diet.

Would it be really that bad? I speak as a man with an Irish name and an
English accent that was very kindly called to the head of the queue at the
fish and chip shop before all the locals (It was winter in West Cork)...and
charged the tourist rate.

They thought I didn't know, but I'm a sport. The whole village enjoyed the
scam for a full week, I imagine.

We have a friend who loves to do a bit of fly fishing. His wife gave the
trout to the cat. It used to upset him so much that he would not go as often
as he wished. so we did a deal in support of his simple pleasures. A few
almonds etc.

A good cook can do miracles...

I did see notices limiting the catch to two sea bass, or was that a

tourist
trap for the gullible?

No there is a real bag limit and even close season for sea bass here but
that is the only restriction I know of.

Thanks for that information.

Regards
Pat

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old July 6th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Cerumen

"Pat Gardiner" wrote in message
Would it be really that bad? I speak as a man with an Irish name and an
English accent that was very kindly called to the head of the queue at

the
fish and chip shop before all the locals (It was winter in West

Cork)...and
charged the tourist rate.

Well I also have an English accent and in all my years here have never
come across anywhere that charges tourists any more than locals?

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork