New rod

Old December 15th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Gordon Entwistle

Default New rod

I believe the Daiwa range of beachcasters takes some beating. There are rods
to suit everyone and at a range of prices giving real value for money.
There are dealers around that discount them significantly, the best is
probably Poingdestre's of Southampton.
Cheers
Gordon
"Steve" swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co.uk wrote in message
Hi
I'm thinking of buying a new rod and want something that isn't to soft and
has a good bite detection. I've always fancied a Conoflex. Is there
something in the range that would be suitable?

TIA
Steve

Old December 15th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Keith M

Steve

I dont know what kind of caster you are but for me a reasonable rod for off
the ground @ 5 oz is the Daiwa Longbeach 12ft, available as fixed spool or
multiplier and about £45 . add a couple of quid for a 13ft.

Check out the Daiwa Supercast PM in 12 & 13ft - it could be a winner
(pendulum and off the ground)..

I've just bought a Shakespear K2 Extreme Titanium (blame Norman!) takes a
bit of getting used to but what a rod, casting and bite detection - dont
know yet how it will behave in strong winds and big waves - mighr bounce
around a bit unless I can get hold of a 10ft rod rest!!

Tighr lines
Keith M

Old December 15th, 2004, 10:11 PM
The Big Man

I'll leave it to the shore guys then as I use a 10 year old Diawa, the
choice nowadays is amazing and baffles me.

The Big Man

"Steve" swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co.uk wrote in message
For the shore and using a multiplier. Budget about £200

Steve

Boat or shore?

The Big Man

Old December 15th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Martin H

Buy a diawa 129 Pb about £205 and forget the rest. They cast well, provide
good bite detection, the only problem is that the rod bag shrinks in the
rain. I have had a pair for over 2 years and they are brilliant. Sole, cod,
bass, conger, huss, rocks, sand, close in, long disance, no problem. At
£205 they are good value for money. Overhead thump or full pendulum easy!